Sigur Ros

ivan

Watched them from my sofa last night .

They looked and sounded brilliant and have to credit the camera work they made  it look out even better with some lovely shots and camera locations.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, GlastoAwe said:

They looked brilliant! Saw them at Benicassim in 2008 I think and they were truly awesome, but absolutely not the kind of music I listen to normally - but it was a total mesmerising escape.

Totally agree, as I said I don't thinkthat I would buy any of their albums, but as you say their live performances for some reason are mesmerising, almost a religious experience

2 minutes ago, TheSeventhOne said:

how were they then?

Amazing. That light show they're using at the moment is just mind blowing. String section was definitely missed in places but that's just me nitpicking. Couldn't really fault it. And the John Peel was a great venue for them I thought. Real great atmosphere in there

Holy mother of fuck, they were amazing. I'd put that in my top three gigs ever ever: Absolutely bloody spellbinding! I'd not ever considered that I could be so entertained by a band when I only understood a single word in the entire set - the 'thanks' at the end! - but they were mesmerising. I've wanted to see em for quite a while and they were mindblowingly brilliant. I can barely praise them enough. Lots of cool nice people around me too, which is always good. 

Summary: 10/10 dude 

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye was thinking the same. What a load of bollocks. Stellar booking, stellar set

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

This must be some kind of sarcasm but I don't get it really..

Not at all.

Can understand why people might have liked it, particularly from a visual perspective. But made a mistake thinking it would be something that would be a good end to my evening.

We can't all like everything.

You not liking it doesn't make it a bad booking though! I can't bloody stand Adele, but I don't want her not to be booked - I'm sure loads of people loved it. Good luck to them. It's a bad choice by you going to them, not by the bookers, I'd say. 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Not at all.

Can understand why people might have liked it, particularly from a visual perspective. But made a mistake thinking it would be something that would be a good end to my evening.

We can't all like everything.

Sure you can have your opinion on the performance, even though it's wrong, and you've formed it after turning up late, but to say it was a bad booking is just complete nonsense I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

You not liking it doesn't make it a bad booking though! I can't bloody stand Adele, but I don't want her not to be booked - I'm sure loads of people loved it. Good luck to them. It's a bad choice by you going to them, not by the bookers, I'd say. 

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Sure you can have your opinion on the performance, even though it's wrong, and you've formed it after turning up late, but to say it was a bad booking is just complete nonsense I'm afraid.

Yeah, perhaps a bad choice of words on my part: particularly as there were acts on at the same time who may have fulfilled my needs.

My mistake.

Really great set. I wasn't too sure what to expect from this tour as I'd only seen that video of Saeglopur someone posted in another thread a few weeks ago but I was blown away by how big everything sounded. Obviously quite a different set and stage show to their last tour but this one worked really well too, much more intense and heavy this time round, that run at the end of Festival, Kveikur, Hafsol and Untitled 8 was huge.

Left it late to decide on my Friday headliner and so glad I chose Sigur Ros they were absolutely mesmerising 

really enjoyed the new area for the John peel stage, great atmosphere up there and the ground wasn't as trashed

On 27 June 2016 at 6:48 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

Set of the weekend and possibly the best I've ever seen at glasto, just incredible. 

Yep. For me too. Absolutely sensational performance. I was front and centre too; the stage show seemed designed to be experienced from the position. Couldn't have been more perfect. 

It was the moment when the screen lifted, they walked to the front and hit Sæglópur hard. I knew it was something special at that point. 

Went as a casual fan who only owns a few albums. Hoping to see Hoppipolla but they never played it. 

Turns out, couldn't care less they didn't. The songs I knew they nailed, the songs I didn't made me want to buy all their albums. Amazing set, amazing visuals, amazing performance.

One of my weekend highlights and I was thinking it could only go downhill after the Foals.