Stuff to take

AndyTheAnimal

Empty wide necked plastic bottle (fabric conditioner type).....saves trekking to the loos at 3 in the morning in the rain and can be emptied later.:P

Dry clean set of clothes and shoes to leave in car for journey home at end of weekend.

Use the lockers - do not leave anything of value in tents.

Portable battery chargers for phones etc (something like a 20,000 mah one will last you all weekend).

Gin.

Of course, gin!!  Having carefully decanted mine into empty water bottles to take on site last year I discovered that I should probably check what I'm handing my 14 yo daughter when she asked for water....there goes the mother of the year award again.....

54 minutes ago, kezzawizz said:

Of course, gin!!  Having carefully decanted mine into empty water bottles to take on site last year I discovered that I should probably check what I'm handing my 14 yo daughter when she asked for water....there goes the mother of the year award again.....

I just need to find some ice when I'm in there........

Cereal bars are great for filling up on the go without spending heaps and losing your spot in the crowd.

Sliced bread and a squeeze my bottle of jam/honey good for breakfast too.

I usually take a pen and paper just so if I'm splitting up with some friends to see some acts, I can note down when/where they're going so it's easy to meet up later on.

Little camping stool or chair is an absolute life saver after a long day of music, especially if it's wet. Don't want to be sat on a muddy floor.

Black bin liner to stick your rubbish in. If you just chuck stuff on the floor, your campsite will be horrendous by Sunday. Much nicer to try be a tiny bit tidy.

Ground mat makes a huge difference from sleeping straight on the ground.

I always take a small plastic tarp or groundsheet for our group to sit on if the ground is damp. Folds up to nothing.

I always wear waterproof socks, something like Sealskinz especially when it is even a bit wet. Saved my feet on occasion at festivals.

Also put some of those gel insoles in my wellies and walking boots (about £5 a pop on ebay) and they help with sore feet.

Daughters swear by dry shampoo. I wouldn't know due to lack of hair...

Also take earplugs for when I finally crash out - always some mashed up character wandering round at 4am shouting their heads off.

Camping pillow.

booze

camping chair

warm clothes

water carrier (theres water points in the campsite, no point bringing heavy bottled water i think)

paracetamol + berocca

breakfast bars

try and pack as light as you can, made that mitake once. putting 7 crates of beer in a suitcase wasn't my finest hour, especially when the wheels broke and i had to drag it...