Today on the TV I saw.....

nikkic

For what it's worth, and I know  I won't make any friends with this comment but I thought underworld looked rubbish to me.

its never gonna be great when a classic dance act press play on a laptop and sing over it.

they may have been decent tunes back in the day, they might even be decent now to some people, but as a live act on an outdoor stage it just doesn't work for me. 

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

You should all watch The Last Shadow Puppets right now. Alex Turner looks even more like a caricature than 2/3 years ago

Ha - yeah - this

comkng across as a proper negative twat here, but how self indulgent was that? 

just to balance things, thought baaba maal and madness were good....

3 hours ago, man next door said:

For what it's worth, and I know  I won't make any friends with this comment but I thought underworld looked rubbish to me.

its never gonna be great when a classic dance act press play on a laptop and sing over it.

they may have been decent tunes back in the day, they might even be decent now to some people, but as a live act on an outdoor stage it just doesn't work for me. 

I get what you're saying (haven't watched Underworld though), but I find that the atmosphere at certain stages can really add a lot to a performance. West Holts can sound great with dance acts with it's huge bassy speakers, light show and the general atmosphere of the crowd. Sometimes that stuff doesn't translate so well through the TV.

James Blake on West Holts made me sad I wasn't there, really amazing and couldn't believe it when Justin Vernon showed up!! Wolf Alice were good as were Daughter yesterday with 2 Door Cinema Club really impressing me. Enjoyed Editors and I will be watching Richard Hawley's full set tomorrow ont tinternet.

Just watching the Symphony Orchestra stuff live now on the Park stage, looks and sounds bloody great!

Can't be arsed going anymore so really enjoy the live stuff on the Beeb.

Adele was incredible tonight, I absolutely wished I was there for that, looked like a real moment especially if you are there with friends and loved ones (thus why I'm not there)

Tame Impala, Wolf Alice all looked excellent too.

M83 impressed me as well on the coverage, really good performance.

Today was a really strong day for Glastonbury, can't deny I think Coldplay will deliver to close the Pyramid for another year.

Haven't watched a huge amount due to still being hacked off at not getting a ticket again, and finding it hard to watch, but headliner wise,  thought Muse were pretty dull. Sigur Ros were stunningly good.  Watched 5 mins of Adele and can see why she's popular but would fall asleep watching her.  New Order were pretty damm good.

ZZ Top looked perfect