Today on the TV I saw.....

nikkic

So we're not there, either by choice or the ticket gods not shining on us. But hey, let's chat about the bands/acts we've seen on the TV. 

Who's good, who's bad, who has surprised you?

I've just seen Nao on The Park stage. Never heard of her but she's going down a storm. 

Nothing much has really impressed me so far, Christine and the Queens, Nao and Aurora haven't done anything that would have made me make a beeline to see them elsewhere.  But there's plenty more acts to come, I'm sure there will be plenty that will tickle me in the coming days.

Edit, now got ZZ Top on.  Sitting here in the evening sun watching them with a cold beer, it would be 100x better in the grass at the Pyramid lazing out to them.

Edited by tillyandthewall

I've seen quite a bit on the Iplayer - Blossoms, Christine and the queens a bit of skepta, two door and Jesse Glynne. Not bad. Liked half moon run and xy and o. You can keep your rat boy and Dhaka bhaka though! 

Just watched foals who looked great although, when I saw em on their arena tour in Feb, I felt they were better suited to a smaller venue. lost sound for the start of their final track two steps twice which lost momentum as a result - with the crowd at least. Looking forward to underworld later and after 5 long years off (having a daughter), it must be time for a return to worthy farm next year!

10 minutes ago, st dan said:

Sound quality on BBC is absolutely horrendous for Muse here but they look great - bet it's fantastic in that crowd!

What a front man Matt Bellamy is! 

The sound is gash. Those drums sound like they're being played underwater and none of the backing vocals seem to be coming through.

Feel exactly the same, gutted I couldn't make it this year but even more now after watching Underworld. I would say this set was as good as if not better than Everything Everything. This has been a truly magnificent effort from Underworld. Karl Hyde is almost 60........

Well online and TV since a-lot of sets are not on TV now. 

Today I seen Ezra Furman who I was pretty impressed with. I had not heard of him but really enjoyed that. I also seen Jack Garrett who I was very impressed with. Foals and some other acts which were a bit 'meh'. Caught a bit of ZZ Top which was good. I found Ronnie Spector to be really good and Muse to be their usual amazing.

Watching underworld now, is anyone else getting slight tempo changes here and there? Is it happening live, or is the BBC coverage a bit dodgy, or is it my TV/Virgin media?

Great set though, would love to be there although I did see them at Camden Roundhouse earlier in the year so not feeling too bad about it. Who am I kidding, of course I would be there in a heartbeat if I could!!