Thief watch 2016

Rick182

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'd quite like to live on an allotment in a reasonably sized shed for £24 for a year. Where do I sign?

Cmon down to Eastbourne, the Sunshine Coast! Bit of a waiting list for an allotment, but then £24 a year inclusive of water. Post might well be a bit of a bugger, but we can work on that 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck was up with Ellie Goulding? I am a bit of a fan of her better numbers, and thought her new album was actually brilliant if you edit it down to a 12 track album.... but she had an absolute shocker of a set. Saw her sub on The Other in 2014 and she was "okay", cringe at times but enthusiastic and she cracked out the good songs. This time though .. nervous, voice was off, terrible visuals, stinker of a set list ... the list goes on. 

Also, the crowd was empty and dead. Really surprised given her reasonably large popularity.

Thank fuck she didn't sub in the end. 

6 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Cmon down to Eastbourne, the Sunshine Coast! Bit of a waiting list for an allotment, but then £24 a year inclusive of water. Post might well be a bit of a bugger, but we can work on that 

Allotments are cheaper in Shepton Mallet. Just £12.50 per year. Don't have shed yet though sadly.

15 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

Allotments are cheaper in Shepton Mallet. Just £12.50 per year. Don't have shed yet though sadly.

I occassionally look on ebay at second hand sheds. You can get some amazing deals on them if you are prepared to dismantle them, transport them, and then erect them again. Then again I'm looking at the Birmingham pool of second hand sheds so being a city maybe there's a larger selection. Worth a shot if you are interested in getting more shed for your money though.

21 hours ago, balti-pie said:

If I had to move away from Birmingham then it would have to be somewhere near the sea, so your proposal is looking good. No worries about the post because it's nearly always bad news anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I'm absolutely fucking furious. 

Just had a phone call from a family member who luckily has a lockable caravan there.

Crew field got litter picked today. Loads of valuable stuff got stolen from worker's tents by other workers.

'Dusty,

Did I read that post right? How utterly appalling.

Jesus H...

Very saddening.

11 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Just had a phone call from a family member who luckily has a lockable caravan there.

Crew field got litter picked today. Loads of valuable stuff got stolen from worker's tents by other workers.

That's terrible, the last thing anyone would expect, one of my neighbours stole from me a few weeks ago and it's a horrible feeling to think people you should be able to trust could do something so scummy. 
Charm x

20 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

This is incomprehensible!!! Utterly awful. 

We bought some "handbag bells" this year and attached them to the inside zips on our tent. They were really good - everyone in our group had them and they were loud enough that when the people in the tent next to us got home later than we did and unzipped their tent, the bells woke us up! So makes me feel confident that if someone were to have a go at our tent while we were in it that we would wake up. 

I'm not as worried if someone breaks into our tent while we aren't there as we don't leave anything valuable there, but I really hate the idea of someone coming in while we are in there - I don't think I'd sleep again for the rest of the festival! So this really made me feel better.

Here's the link if anyone wants it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Safehaus-HPT009-Handbag-Security-Attachment/dp/B0064BF1GM

34 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

We bought some "handbag bells" this year and attached them to the inside zips on our tent. They were really good - everyone in our group had them and they were loud enough that when the people in the tent next to us got home later than we did and unzipped their tent, the bells woke us up! So makes me feel confident that if someone were to have a go at our tent while we were in it that we would wake up. 

I'm not as worried if someone breaks into our tent while we aren't there as we don't leave anything valuable there, but I really hate the idea of someone coming in while we are in there - I don't think I'd sleep again for the rest of the festival! So this really made me feel better.

Here's the link if anyone wants it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Safehaus-HPT009-Handbag-Security-Attachment/dp/B0064BF1GM

I think bells are a great idea and have used them myself. You can also attach empty drinks cans on a piece of string to your tent zips (hanging them on the inside of the external tent flap).

23 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

no fucking need is there old son .....99% are doing a grand job which lets face it wouldnt be so bad if everuone took there shit home with them and then THEY get turned over by the other 1% that always seem to worm there way in and ruin the shit for every one ...no need !!1

hows the arm/leg/wrist/head /knees and toes old son ??

That's shockingly bad Dusty.  Thieving barstewards.  Obviously horrible to be robbed at all but hopefully they weren't turned over too badly?

Ditto for you Charm, horrible to be robbed by a neighbour.  Was that at home or at Glastonbury?

On a slightly lighter note from further up the thread I caught some highlights (?) from Benicassim '14 on telly over the weekend, and was fortunate enough to see a bit of Ellie Goulding.  And all I could think of was @Mardy's description of her as a shouty lovesick aerobics teacher.  Frighteningly accurate.

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Ditto for you Charm, horrible to be robbed by a neighbour.  Was that at home or at Glastonbury?

At home, the lock is broken on my car door and someone took my parking permit, I didn't realise as I haven't been using the car and I ended up with 3 tickets, it's made me really sad as its a private car park and everyone knows thats my car. 
Charm x