whey do organisers never say we got it wrong

airwaves

I read that Michael E has basically  said about the traffic problems 'not our fault, you shouldn't have come early '

Near where I live two recent git's also had severe traffic problems - Rod S at Plymouth and Elton at Exeter. In both cases organisers said wasn't their fault even though for the Elton gig they starated it 2 hours earlier than advertised. Hundreds didn't get to see Elton at all.   

Why can't the organisers have the balls to say 'sorry, we *ucked up ' or at least 'sorry, we made some wrong decisions '

What could they have done to prevent this though? The car parks were a mess so other than getting them sorted which was an impossible task what option did they have. They could have told everyone not to come till tomorrow but the jams would of still happen just tomorrow instead of today 

For a start they should have delayed the 9pm car park opening like they did with the camper vans. Better comms through the night for those of us stuck on the roads instead of radio silence. Some sort of traffic management on the roads would have helped too. Didn't see a single steward or police officer until gone 6am. I could go on...

16 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Basically weather messed car parks up camper and cars came together tougher checks people using side roads and blocking things up organisers say please follow signs and do not use sat nav.  

If they asked people to come later would they??  

I saw quite a bit of discussion on FB regarding the later campervan arrival time, the gist of which was "What are they going to do if we turn up anyway? Turn us away?".

So it would seem quite a few did choose to ignore what they were being told.

6 hours ago, airwaves said:

Why can't the organisers have the balls to say 'sorry, we *ucked up ' or at least 'sorry, we made some wrong decisions '

I would imagine that an admission of guilt at the time, could open them up to legal challenges for compensation (not that I imagine that any Glastonbury goer would try)

Give it a few weeks, everyone calms down, say you're sorry, and everyone forgets it

Note: I have no legal knowledge and this could be completely BS

It took us 7 hours from Birmingham yesterday morning. Left just before midnight on Tuesday and got in the car park about 7am. This included about 3 hours of non movement on the a37 but thankfully a gamble of side roads played off as we managed to get away from the east chaos and started moving fairly swiftly over to the west on the quiet country lanes. Just avoid the main roads if you can and you'll get here much quicker. 

Yeah sitting in traffic is crap, boring, frustrating etc etc

But you could be sat at home wishing you had the opportunity to sit in a queue.

Come on folks,  hope the moaners don't try for tickets next year, more gor us that really really want to go (and yes, ive sat in 12h queues to glastonbury before)

1 hour ago, bexj said:

But you could be sat at home wishing you had the opportunity to sit in a queue.

This exactly. The closest I'm getting to Glastonbury this year will be sitting in front of a computer for 12 hours, with no party at the end of it. :(