Offered crew tickets

keb77

10 minutes ago, keb77 said:

I have been offered crew tickets, I don't have to pay anything, they are from a friend already on site.  Would I be stupid to  accept them? 

If you don't have anything to lose then go for it? Whatever feels right, man. 

10 minutes ago, keb77 said:

My husband thought I'd said no and text to say we probs won't take them :-/ but I kinda want to Arghhhhhh I can be so square sometimes! Just abit worried about where to pitch up with it being so muddy....

I get what you mean, I think at this point I would say no too, not because I'm chicken but because I am not mentally and physically prepared for the situation, I haven't a clue where my wellies are or anything! It's okay not to go, next year it will be even better! 

Edited by cb4747

13 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

I get what you mean, I think at this point I would say no too, not because I'm chicken but because I am not mentally and physically prepared for the situation, I haven't a clue where my wellies are or anything! It's okay not to go, next year it will be even better! 

Yeh so tempting then at the same time I am totally not prepared!! My husband can drive and collect the tickets later! 

17 hours ago, keb77 said:

I have been offered crew tickets, I don't have to pay anything, they are from a friend already on site.  Would I be stupid to  accept them? 

if you can't take them message me, i'm definitely interested! i've already book flights to England for this! yikes x dee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 22/06/2016 at 5:26 PM, keb77 said:

Sorry guys I will be taking them and if for any reason we don't our friend is giving them to his parents! 

There was new procedures in place ' for staff who arrived by coach ' this year { staff who were in their own transport had been issued a ' named photo ticket ' }

as you can see from the image the ticket was meant to match the person named on the ticket so I have to wonder what happened to people who tried to use a crew ticket that was not meant for them and who did not have the correct ID.

These were issued as the coach arrived on the Tuesday.

is not clear from your posting ' if the tickets you had already had your name on them '

so did you have any problems ? 

I am sure this is a area they will tighten up on in later years. 

31.jpg

On 7 July 2016 at 8:52 PM, Lucy92 said:

Did you get to go in the end? Really hope you did :) 

On 4 August 2016 at 8:36 AM, glasto-worker said:

There was new procedures in place ' for staff who arrived by coach ' this year { staff who were in their own transport had been issued a ' named photo ticket ' }

as you can see from the image the ticket was meant to match the person named on the ticket so I have to wonder what happened to people who tried to use a crew ticket that was not meant for them and who did not have the correct ID.

These were issued as the coach arrived on the Tuesday.

is not clear from your posting ' if the tickets you had already had your name on them '

so did you have any problems ? 

I am sure this is a area they will tighten up on in later years. 

31.jpg

Hey sorry for very late reply! I didn't go in the end, the mud and prospect of pitching on mud also sorting everything out last minute put us off! 

The tickets were give to our friend's parents who got in with no problems, they just didn't get a wrist band.

On 09/08/2016 at 9:29 PM, keb77 said:

Hey sorry for very late reply! I didn't go in the end, the mud and prospect of pitching on mud also sorting everything out last minute put us off! 

The tickets were give to our friend's parents who got in with no problems, they just didn't get a wrist band.

Thanks for letting us know,

well the Mud was as bad as 1985 {now that was a killer Year and many of my friends who started going in 1979 and up to then had not missed any year just never returned after 85} - its just one of those things and there is not much GFL can do about the weather.

Funny enough we were stopped more times in 2015 { while on the coach } than this year so the new procedures did not delay us this year.