We got off lightly

devilman

Glastonbury hasn't even started and it's fucked already. They are telling people not to go yet as they can't get in. the roads are blocked and people are stuck in the mud. I believe schadenfreude is the word.......

https://www.theguardian.com/music/gallery/2016/jun/22/mud-at-glastonbury-festival-in-pictures

1 hour ago, devilman said:

Glastonbury hasn't even started and it's fucked already. They are telling people not to go yet as they can't get in. the roads are blocked and people are stuck in the mud. I believe schadenfreude is the word.......

https://www.theguardian.com/music/gallery/2016/jun/22/mud-at-glastonbury-festival-in-pictures

naaaaaa the sites fine! Little bit of mud aint ever hurt nobody! As of 1.30 I believe all was back to normal .

2 hours ago, devilman said:

Those pictures look no worse than Download, in fact they look miles better, I can see green in most of them!

Problem with Glasto in comparison to Download is its fucking massive. Whereas Download have certain areas which are bottleneck places where everyone has to pass through [not you posh campervan lot] and they could have just sorted those areas easily and they did nothing. 

Feel for people at Glasto though, if rain continues it'll only get worse. Bloody weather!

LMFAO at the Glasto comparison! There was no rivers of water flowig through tents for a start as they actuallt bothered to implement a new drainage system a while back to cope......even the piss down over night only made it a bit wet!

Eavis can't do much about a 1000acre site that is a free drinking ground but tractors/wood chips were still used when possible and thats at the largest with very little profit and as apposed to another arsehole who just takes your money and did nothing!

whilst the site might've been muddy when we all arrived, the actual weather all weekend was pretty great, whereas it pissed it down for large portions of Download. i'd rather it be muddy underfoot and beautiful skies than it pissing it down all weekend and the ground getting worse and worse. as has been said, there were very few giant puddles on site and they did their best to take care of the ground (although some areas were just beyond saving)

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

whilst the site might've been muddy when we all arrived, the actual weather all weekend was pretty great, whereas it pissed it down for large portions of Download. i'd rather it be muddy underfoot and beautiful skies than it pissing it down all weekend and the ground getting worse and worse. as has been said, there were very few giant puddles on site and they did their best to take care of the ground (although some areas were just beyond saving)

I would rather do mud all over again that attend Download again for a weekend and that says something.

Glastonbury was no where near as bad as Download this year, although it did take us 13 hours by car following the main route to the site!!

Download turned to shit FAST, not sure if that's a common occurance as it was my first year but glastonbury tends to dry up easier/faster due to it being so big (and the fact it didnt hammer down all weekend), whereas the arena and village in download was nothing short of Willy Wonka's chocolate river! The Zippo stage had a river running down to the right of it to the poor phome charging station at the bottom of the hill which collected 3 foot of water/mud!! 

I also had heatstroke on the thursday afternoon from those 2 boiling first days, then nothing I owned was left dry by 2pm on Friday haha!

Overall, glasto was bearable (albeit tiring on the legs from that sticky mud), Drownload was just that..

Still had a cracking weekend though!!

On 2 July 2016 at 9:56 AM, coreyt409 said:

Glastonbury was no where near as bad as Download this year, although it did take us 13 hours by car following the main route to the site!!

Download turned to shit FAST, not sure if that's a common occurance as it was my first year but glastonbury tends to dry up easier/faster due to it being so big (and the fact it didnt hammer down all weekend), whereas the arena and village in download was nothing short of Willy Wonka's chocolate river! The Zippo stage had a river running down to the right of it to the poor phome charging station at the bottom of the hill which collected 3 foot of water/mud!! 

I also had heatstroke on the thursday afternoon from those 2 boiling first days, then nothing I owned was left dry by 2pm on Friday haha!

Overall, glasto was bearable (albeit tiring on the legs from that sticky mud), Drownload was just that..

Still had a cracking weekend though!!

The major difference between Glastonbury and Download was the fact that the mud was so sticky in Glastonbury.

At least in Download you could get around the site(marginally) easier because you didn't get stuck in the mud as much.

However, the fact that it rained all weekend in Download made that part worse as it was relatively dry in Glastonbury.

Either way, I'm off to Reading in August.Come on weather gods, give me a break and let the sun shine in Reading.