Queuing on the A37

ManchesterGlasto

I read that Eavis has basically said 'not our fault, you shouldn't have come early. 

Why is it that when things like this happen the organisers say 'not our fault guv' rather than having the balls to say 'sorry we *ucked up' or at least 'sorry we took some wrong decisions '

There were severe traffic probs at two large gigs near where I live - Rod S at Plymouth and Elton at Exeter and at each the organisers said 'not our fault '. Hundreds of people didn't even get to the Elton gig because of traffic and because organisers started show 2hrs earlier than planned.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left Bournemouth at 6am in car - smooth back road cross country route in rain via Castle Carey - then hit solid traffic at 7.40am by the drop off point on A371 - campervans at that point were being diverted in an operation stack style to the show grounds - got into blue east car parks off A37 at 10.45. Straight through empty Campervan fields to gate C no queuing and set up in Kidney Mead by 11.30am!!! Decided not to take trolley as mud very wet and sticky so did 2 journeys. Sun now out and it's hot!!! 

Hope you all get here soon :) 

15 hours ago, ManchesterGlasto said:

We are considering the same. Have come this way as want to camp on Big Ground but the reality is we could be stuck here after the site opens! 

Did you do this in the end, we bit the bullet and went for it, were parked up 10 minutes later and ended up getting through the gates at 7.15 as the opened gate a at 7 

I'm still in a queue, I'm guessing this is the queue. Coach driver has been amazing, lovely guy. Letting people off for pub stops. We even had someone deliver chips to the coach. 

I wish I knew where the heck I was to update people! Outside the village shopping outlet if that helps?

Sure I have been on this coach for 12 hours but I can't fault people's spirit. I hope everyone having nightmare journeys makes the festival and has the best time!! 

To update you - we

left Manchester at 7pm last night. 

We got parked up in the blue car park (as the steward wouldn't let us into purple! At 12.30ish. My god was it a slot. Coming through gate b was pretty horrible and the need to sort out straw etc but we were camped by 1.30 and beers are going down nicely. I'm absolutely shattered though as I didn't get any sleep last night at all. I think it's very unfair of Eavis to blame festival goers for this. 

49 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

This is awful. 10 miles away still (West side), and barely moved for hours. Never arrived on a wednesday before. Looks like I might be waiting another year!

It's never usually like this @Lubic87 Since they started opening the car parks on the Tuesday night and allowing entry to the car park it's really cleared the arrival queues that there used to be. Usually if you arrive Wednesday afternoon you can often drive straight on site and then walk straight into the festival. It seems that last night and today there have been some bad planning decisions following bad weather and conditions on site which have had an awful impact - you'll get there and it'll all be worth it when you do! 

Been stuck in Pylle lane for an hour, 4 hours on A37; continues to be a complete cluster.

For Mr E to blame the paying public for this is an insult; bad decision making,  communications, planning all play a significant part.

Absolute joke