Queuing on the A37

ManchesterGlasto

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the west car park now and got some friends in a 3 mile queue to get in to the car park who haven't moved for 20 mins.

I think the problem is the rain from 3:30am has made a few vehicles get stuck - I saw a van and a car get stuck on the way in before it started raining and it'll be a lot worse now. 

10 minutes ago, Charm said:

Crazy traffic jam on the A361 coming from Glastonbury, avoid it if you can, haven't moved for ages. 
Charm x

Am staying in Glastonbury and was just about to leave but looking at Google maps it looks like it's almost backed up through the town itself - that'll take hours to clear and only get worse. May put off trip down the road to Pilton to much later or even tomorrow. 

Edited by Splatt

Just now, Splatt said:

Am staying in Glastonbury and was just about to leave but looking at Google maps it looks like it's almost backed up through the town itself - that'll take hours to clear and only get worse. May put off trip down the road to Pilton to much later of even tomorrow. 

Good idea, it's like a car park here.
Charm x

Have sat on the A37 just north of Shepton mallet since 8 pm and still not got to shepton yet. Have literally sat still for the last 3 hours and hardly moved since 8. They'd better let us in by the time we do get there. Left home 19 hours ago. I do wonder who they are letting in cos it doesn't seem to be anyone on the a37. Wish I'd got west camper tickets as previous years and we would have been in by midnight!  Cold, tired and Hungry and not impressed with the lack of comms from anyone official. 

2 minutes ago, Charm said:

For some reason Worthy FM just told people to head to the A361, it's mental here, haven't moved for 45mins. 
Charm x

They haven't got a clue! They've been saying all through the night that blue route is moving slowly & to spend the time waiting planning your days. Patronising isn't the word! :)

2 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

Which bit of the a361 on you on charm? 

Yeah will really help me make the call please. I'm all ready to set off from my overnight in Glastonbury, my heart says set off now but my brain is saying NO wait until much later! 

5 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Yeah will really help me make the call please. I'm all ready to set off from my overnight in Glastonbury, my heart says set off now but my brain is saying NO wait until much later! 

Wait, this is terrible, will post here when it starts moving. 
Charm x

4 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Thanks so much. How long has it taken you to get there? When did you hit traffic? - just trying to get a feel. Thanks again and keep the faith , we'll all get there! 

We left Glastonbury about 5:20, took a few minutes to get to this spot and have not moved since. 
Charm x

Sat in my hotel in Cheddar (Drove down from Aberdeen yesterday....10.5 hours) glad I did now!

we had planned to leave hotel at back of 8 am, but think that might not be a great idea! Will keep my eyes peeled here