Car parking - worth putting planks under tyres?

jimmillen

Given some people have mentioned how soggy the car parks are, I was wondering if it's worth putting scaffold boards under the wheels when parking up? 

I suspect there's more chance of getting stuck in churned up traffic points in/out of the carpark than just sinking into the ground at a standstil, but given I have scaffold boards anyway, seemed like a reasonable precaution.

What do you think?

If like me you have a screw in towing eye, find it and put it in the glove box. 

Mine usually lives in a compartment in the bottom of the boot so the last thing you want to have to do is unload the entire boot to get if if you need towing. 

Had this problem at BD in 09 I think it was. Absolute swamp. They advised fitting towing eyes and waiting for tractors. It was knee deep in places and more water than mud.

After an hour or so we got bored of waiting and ganged up with half a dozen other cars, pushed each other out onto a track. Festival spirit got us out in half an hour, although the car needed a good fettle and my mate's car had every panel and window coated in mud!

I've knocked up some boards for my motorhome, but that weighs 3.5 tonne so is more likely to sink, I doubt a car would sink enough whilst parked to worry about, unless it's a disco at 2.2 tonne but that would be able to get itself out.