EAST AND WEST CAMPER CREW

Swine_Glasto2014

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:46 AM, eFestivals said:

well, I don't wish to gloat ... but I'm going to anyway. :P

East CV's: easy in and easy out. :D

Planning, thought, and more thought and planning. And, OK ... a big bit of luck too (a decent field to park in, E23).

I know we were lucky with a 3.5hr queue to get in, but it wasn't only luck ... the chaos was very predictable, and being near the front of the queues was important, so that's what we made happen. As for getting out with ease, 6am always works if you're lucky enough to be in a field where you won't need towing.

We left after Sunday headliners and the only issue we had waiting to get out was waiting 2 hours for a tractor to tow us (got halfway across E17 before getting well and truly stuck). There was no traffic at all. If we hadn't got stuck in the mud, we would have been straight out at that time.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:25 AM, TheNewUnion said:

Bath & West Showground campers, we got a letter from a steward re getting refunded for the Camper Field ticket. If anyone needs the details just shout and I will post a pic/scan so you can get any information as required.

I wondered if they'd offer anything to those of you at the B&W - looked to be quite a few set up there when we took the kids to the drop off point on Friday. I think we only just missed ending up here ourselves and if that had been the case I may well have been asking about a refund.

We were v v lucky !

We truely didn;t know about the campervan fields opening at 6pm. We were on mobile roaming (with data roaming turned off) with no access to wifi from lunchtime on Monday (at a pub) so arrived to rendezvous with friends at 1pm on tuesday when we saw the signs that said fields not open until 6pm. We called our friends who we'd arranged to meet in Pilton who said they'd seen the same and Pilton was chocca block so we pulled into the farm shop nearby, parked up with loads of othe vans and went into a lovely cafe to have lunch and use their wifi

Friends joined us. About 4.30 people started running back to their vans, so we all hopped in and joined the now queue - 30 mins later ito Pylle lane and pulled up onto E18 at around 7pm - 2.5 hours - so lucky

Coming out E18 wasn;t moving around lunchtime so a marshall told us to go out through E17 etc, got a little stuck, literally waited 5 mins for a tow as there was no queue and out within an hour

Reading all the horror stories we were so so so lucky but very little through planning, all through luck and being in the right place at the right time I think