EAST AND WEST CAMPER CREW

Swine_Glasto2014

I don't know but I'm stuck on the road to it with a load of campers and we're going nowhere fast. I'm not even heading in there. I'm heading for vehicle gate 3.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone bored and wanting to do some map reading, we are on the A361, approaching (in a stationary way), Frampton Road. We left Frome about 3.40 and have only just got here. I've no idea about the final mile or towing, I'll let you know in 3 days, when we get there.

I feel a bit shit that I'm pissed off about this when people are walking across Europe to get to safety. But I'm feeling very small minded tonight. Shit shit shit.

12 minutes ago, carlosj said:

There's some tweet about each cv being towed around. Is that true or is everyone driving under their own steam?

When we came in this morning, vans were getting stuck in blue 12. This afternoon the track seems to have dried our nicely so vans are now entering into e14/e15 ok, but then being towed from the entrance to the field into their pitch. 

There's 3 or 4 tractors so it's happening quite quickly.  

Fuck me, East is shut!? Anyone shed anymore light on this?

Travelling up for a second time tomorrow morning, left the caravan set up in E20 on Tuesday, dropping the kids off (literally) first thing. Hoping the fact I'm arriving in an off-road 4x4 will be enough but now shitting it I won't even get to my caravan!

Please someone tell me I need to chill.

Everyone going to east camper van field is being sent to bath and west showground. Not only do we have flushing toilets but also showers. Not such a bad deal after many hours on the road with a very tired four year old! Might just stay here for the festival and get bused in each day!

11 minutes ago, lintonkak said:

Everyone going to east camper van field is being sent to bath and west showground. Not only do we have flushing toilets but also showers. Not such a bad deal after many hours on the road with a very tired four year old! Might just stay here for the festival and get bused in each day!

If we ever get there. We've been on the road since 10am and starting to flag a bit.

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

How you getting on, Carlos?

Is your silence a good sign?

Plenty of people would say my silence is a good thing.

OK, so we got punted onto the Bath show ground parking and will be allowed to go on tomorrow morning. We rocked up here at about 10.40, and vans are still turning up now from the queues.

I've filled the water in the van, and curry in me, so it's improving. It's r*ining now, which is pants, obvs.

Hopefully we'll get to the gates early tomorrow, but we're told that we need tow eyes as each van will be towed. It's going to be hours.

1 hour ago, Walter Sobchak said:

How far away is the holding area? 

Not far, and we should be able to drive on a quieter road from here and get priority over the other roads tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Plenty of people would say my silence is a good thing.

OK, so we got punted onto the Bath show ground parking and will be allowed to go on tomorrow morning. We rocked up here at about 10.40, and vans are still turning up now from the queues.

I've filled the water in the van, and curry in me, so it's improving. It's r*ining now, which is pants, obvs.

Hopefully we'll get to the gates early tomorrow, but we're told that we need tow eyes as each van will be towed. It's going to be hours.

Good to get some clarity on it, cheers pal. Been laying here in bed, mind won't switch off, tired/excited/worried etc. Hopefully the update should send me off now... 

A37 is the worst I've ever seen it. Complete and utter chaos all day. Why the Festival tweeted they are fully open and for all to come is beyond me. Utterly baffling.

The organisation (or lack of it) is a complete kicker. The 3 stewards manning tbe Blue Route entrance have been left with radios with no working batteries between them, no clue what was going on or what the Fest have been tweeting or what to do. Just ridiculous.

Apparently someone called Steve Russelyard (sp.?) is running this shitshow. He has got a LOT to answer for, if so.

Well that's screwed me slightly. Just discovered I don't have a towing eye. And my Sportline spoiler means the standard one wouldn't fit anyway, I need an extension I won't get in the next day. 

I can  only hope West is slightly different to East. 

We were in the queue to get into Blue when a load of police cars went past, we were really close but the rumours spread we had to turn round and go to purple gate, or bath and west show grounds...

Now, we're staying in a pre-pitched caravan in E25 and (I'm driving a Discovery FWIW) we've got all our mates gear who are joining us tomorrow, wellies the lot. We almost drove back home but decided to park up in one of the car parks beyond purple gate, we grabbed what we could and walked to PGB, through the festival and to out of PGC to our caravan.

So we're in our Caravan but our car, most of our stuff and 5 of our mates is sitting in East 6 car park.

So what do we do? Our plan is to walk back to it tomorrow and try to drive back to the CV east gate, but when? how? What time? Based on the horrendous amount of traffic (and still empty fields) I don't see how tomorrow is going to be any different?

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

BTW, I know it's not their fault they're just here for a laugh, but I must have talked to 20+ stewards on the route from doing a uturn to our caravan, and none of them had a clue what was going on or could answer even basic questions. I know it's not their fault individually but you'd expect them to have at least a basic grasp of what's going on.