Make the best of it and heres how (everyone gives a tip)

Respectfatfrog

HI Guys

so I'm personally gutted about the rain but fuck it you only live once, I thought we could share tips on how to survive the rain and flourish in it

one of mine is if your driving back leave a comfy set of clothes and trainers etc in the car and change before you go it will make the journey home a lot easier.

My tent is double ended how should I pitch this? im camping in darble

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too do the clothes in car tip, awesome changing in to dry comfies for the journey back.

I'd pitch your tent sideways so if any rain does travel down a hill you'll be ok. 

My tip, especially in this weather, is to ventilate your tent at all times otherwise everything will be damp around the edges inside due to condensation. Leave the side flaps open and sleep with the main door slightly unzipped if you have a porch, leave the fly shut. 

2 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

I too do the clothes in car tip, awesome changing in to dry comfies for the journey back.

I'd pitch your tent sideways so if any rain does travel down a hill you'll be ok. 

My tip, especially in this weather, is to ventilate your tent at all times otherwise everything will be damp around the edges inside due to condensation. Leave the side flaps open and sleep with the main door slightly unzipped if you have a porch, leave the fly shut. 

cheers bud

Bin bags!! Lots and lots of bin bags.  Use 'em for protecting your kit from the rain walking in, putting wet stuff in so the inside of your tent doesn't get soaked, sitting down on wet ground, you can even put a bit of rubbish in them & take to the bin.  ;)

Look after your feet - so lots of pairs of socks, don't wrap your trainers in bin bags, and I'm going to buy some preemptive heel plasters as my wellies (hopefully we get to switch to trainers / boots asap) usually scrape the skin off mine

No matter what the cost, get muddy boots off with your feet out the door, then stick them in a binbag.  Once mud gets in you're onto a loser, get all your shitty clothes off in the porch (if you have one) rather than getting it into where you sleep and make sure that everything that can be affected by moisture (clothes, rizla, sleeping bag, drugs) are kept well wrapped in plastic on the way in.  Clothes dry, mud picks off, but trying to smoke damp ganja from a concertina of ruined rizla is hard to enjoy.

31 minutes ago, Stooonami said:

Furiously masturbate every morning and then consume shit loads of class a's after.

If you even need a festival forum to teach you this important bit of day to day advice common sense, then you are clearly doing life wrong.

keep a little pick me up in your tent, I personally recommend a cheap tray of Tesco flapjack http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=258193605, they're 80p and can survive anything

when you hit the wall and your sat in your tent looking at all your clothes and ruined rizlas trying desperately to find your last pair of dry socks and you find this sugary beauty trust me you will be ok

there have been so many festivals when i'm fighting a crippling come down, all my energy has left me, my feet are in bits and this tray of joy gives me the strength to boot and rally

For those not planning to arrive in the first batch overnight on Tuesday, I'd say only take your tent (and a drink!) on the first trip from the car.

From the pictures to date, and the currently persisting weather, I would say there is a good chance that the ground could be well churned up by mid morning on Wednesday much like 2011.

Given those conditions again I would want to travel as light as possible until I have worked out where I will pitch, and how easy/difficult it is to get there. Then - when you are carrying the main bulk of your stuff after pitching, you'll be taking a direct route, or the best route you have worked out after seeing what the ground is doing.

Unless I had a really really good jumbo wheeled tractor type trolley, right now I would be working out how to manage without it, or how to have the least possible amount of stuff on it. In 2011 ours turned into a dead weight (and ours is actually pretty good (got us OUT in 2007 without a problem!) The trek in that year remains my worst Glastonbury memory by some distance (and I have fell into some kind of cesspit thing in the she-wees in Dance Village!)