Secret Glasto Sets

SecretGlasto

Thursday

DMAs 21:00-21:40 William's Green
Denny 21:00-23:00 The Spaceport
Two Door Cinema Club 22:00 - 22:40 William's Green (currently not confirmed in this timeslot)

Friday

James, Greenpeace 19:00-19:40 (link for TBA on official site links to James' site)
Pumarosa, Crow's Nest 00:15

Saturday

Travis, Croissant Neuf 16.00 - 17.00  
Alexis Taylor, Crow's Nest 19:30  http://www.northerntransmissions.com/news/interview-with-alexis-taylor-from-hot-chip/

Sunday

Plump DJs 20:00-21:00 The Spaceport

This will be the original thread for this, I think it may move to a new thread come the week of the festival so bear that in mind if you plan on saving the thread.

I cant promise to provide the excellent service as last year, but something is better than nothing. Lets hope some of you folk catch some secrets because of it.

I will be updating this post with info on sets nearer the time and live tweets during the festival so get following https://twitter.com/secretglasto

I'll be sending a few test tweets out nearer the time so you can check if you have correctly set up getting tweets to your phone via text.

If anyone comes across info post here with source etc, or PM this account or august1 if you dont want to share publicly.

So bring it on :D

Edited by SecretGlasto

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instructions on setting up your phone to receive Twitter alerts can be found here:

https://support.twitter.com/articles/110250

Currently supported UK carriers for mobile notifications are:

Orange
Sure (CWC)
https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170024
There are also reports that this is working on EE.

There may be a charge for receiving these SMS messages, although it seems to vary from network to network.  If anyone has any solid details then please post below and we'll try to get added to this post.

If you're not on the supported networks, or are worried about charges, there is an alternative - If This Then That (IFTTT):

https://ifttt.com/recipes/425731-sms-secretglasto-tweets

In terms of instructions:

1) Click link and create an IF profile

2) Add the 'twitter' channel by authorising access to your twitter profile

3) Add the 'SMS' channel by entering your mobile phone number. There is a bit of a gotcha with the phone number format though.  Let's say your phone number is 077 7777 7777, the international version would normally be +4477 7777 7777.  Well, not with IFTTT, for them you must enter 0044077 7777 7777, so replace the "+" with "00" and include the leading zero after the "44".(remember to include the country code '0044' before).  Then enter the PIN number you receive via text

4) Click add and the command should now be under 'my recipes'. As long as you have twitter notifications on for @secretglasto you should get a SMS every time that account tweets

Might be worth adding that if you're doing this via iOS/Android, you'll have to download the app first :)  

I'm not sure if Twitter charges for sending the SMS updates, but at least one person has received a IFTTT SMS with no credit.  It does say on their site that non-US users only get 10 texts a month, however there are reports that it said this last year (2015) and far more than 10 texts were sent.

Edited by SecretGlasto

8 hours ago, SecretGlasto said:

Thursday

DMAs 21:00-21:40 William's Green
Denny 21:00-23:00 The Spaceport
Two Door Cinema Club 22:00 - 22:40 William's Green (currently not confirmed in this timeslot)

Friday

James, Greenpeace 19:00-19:40 (link from 
Pumarosa, Crow's Nest 00:15

Saturday

Travis, Croissant Neuf 16.00 - 17.00  
Alexis Taylor, Crow's Nest 19:30  http://www.northerntransmissions.com/news/interview-with-alexis-taylor-from-hot-chip/

Sunday

Plump DJs 20:00-21:00 The Spaceport

This will be the original thread for this, I think it may move to a new thread come the week of the festival so bear that in mind if you plan on saving the thread.

I cant promise to provide the excellent service as last year, but something is better than nothing. Lets hope some of you folk catch some secrets because of it.

I will be updating this post with info on sets nearer the time and live tweets during the festival so get following https://twitter.com/secretglasto

I'll be sending a few test tweets out nearer the time so you can check if you have correctly set up getting tweets to your phone via text.

If anyone comes across info post here with source etc, or PM this account or august1 if you dont want to share publicly.

So bring it on :D

James doing 2 secret sets?

51 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Are they not doing Greenpeace? Have I read that wrong?

Yeah but Other Stage is on the lineup, so technically only Greenpeace is 'secret'. 

4 minutes ago, johnny-yen said:

Excited about the James news that they rumoured to be playing Greenpeace Stage.

Where has this come from? Is the source to be trusted? I do hope so. 

The TBA hyperlink on the website for that slot links to James (so its secret, but not a very good secret :P

Edited by MattDavies__

Thanks for this.

Didn't know about 2 door cinema club in Williams green. My worst clash was Frightened rabbit v Ratboy v 2dcc. Now I just need a Ratboy or fr secret set please :)

Did the twitter texts to my phone before tho made the mistake of following too many accounts and getting inundated with texts. 

With Vodafone this year so don't think I have option of getting texts, but if I did think I'd limit myself to secret Glasto this year

Edited by found home in 2009

50 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Didn't know about 2 door cinema club in Williams green. My worst clash was Frightened rabbit v Ratboy v 2dcc. Now I just need a Ratboy or fr secret set please :)

Dunno if you've noticed, but Frightened Rabbit also headline William's Green on the Friday night. Clashes with Foals tho.

Edited by Little Andy

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

Thanks for this.

Did the twitter texts to my phone before tho made the mistake of following too many accounts and getting inundated with texts. 

With Vodafone this year so don't think I have option of getting texts, but if I did think I'd limit myself to secret Glasto this year

I'm also pretty excited about 2dcc alleviating a clash with Tourettes Hero/Frightened Rabbit!

Anyone know where the info came from/how certain it is for one of those two 'live band' slots??

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

The TBA hyperlink on the website for that slot links to James (so its secret, but not a very good secret :P

Also interesting that Joe Duddell, who did the arrangements for the James orchestral shows and acoustic strings show at Festival No 6 is on site with his band...