Friend can't make the bus...

willist2

Hi folks, I've not travelled on the bus before - does anyone know how strict they are around handing out tickets? The mate I'm going with can't make the bus Wednesday but can get there for the Friday - will I be able to pick up his ticket on the bus for him?

11 minutes ago, willist2 said:

Hi folks, I've not travelled on the bus before - does anyone know how strict they are around handing out tickets? The mate I'm going with can't make the bus Wednesday but can get there for the Friday - will I be able to pick up his ticket on the bus for him?

The lead Booker will be the person the tickets are given too on the bus. So if you're the lead Booker, you'll be given an envelope with all tickets in from that order. You'll then be able to meet him at a gate on Friday and hand over the ticket. If he's the lead Booker and he can't make the coach, I'm not sure how that'd work with getting your tickets without him... Don't forget, if you exit the festival to give him a ticket, you'll need your ticket and a pass out to get back in.

I've done this three times, the first time they gave all four tickets to the lead booker (though this occasion was back in '08). The last two years they've asked for individuals tickets and ID. They were very strict as well. This was travelling from London, if that helps at all.

On 19 June 2016 at 9:17 PM, alexwetherell said:

The lead Booker will be the person the tickets are given too on the bus. So if you're the lead Booker, you'll be given an envelope with all tickets in from that order. You'll then be able to meet him at a gate on Friday and hand over the ticket. If he's the lead Booker and he can't make the coach, I'm not sure how that'd work with getting your tickets without him... Don't forget, if you exit the festival to give him a ticket, you'll need your ticket and a pass out to get back in.

Not for me, our bus just handed them out seperately