best ever glasto

weeksy97

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2005!  Baking hot Wednesday and Thursday, lightning stuck the Pyramid on Friday and we had rivers throughout the site which eventually dried up when the weather turned sunny again.  It was weather in the extreme!  Also stayed with a great bunch of people and generally had an amazing time.

Its one of either; 2007 because it was the first year my parents let me do my own thing of a night time, it was the first year I truly saw ALL the sights Glastonbury had to offer; 2009 because it was just bloody amazing, perfect headliners in Springsteen and Young who are two of my favourite artists ever and it was the last time I went with my closest cousin who was moving to the USA; finally 2014 was bloody wonderful! I don't think there was any single reason for it wing fabulous but probably mainly down to having a quality group of friends with me.

Having seen a few shouts for 2010 I will e honest and say that year was quite probably the worst one I've ever experienced out of 20+ so far.

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

If you have to explain a joke, young Keith...

:)

Ben

:P

How's the BenFinder going? Have slightly copied your idea and got  spreadsheet within two choices for most hour blocks. 

Have been meaning to ask you....now that you've got your first year put of the way, where's your excitement levels compared to 2015? Now you know what to expect, are you even more excited to be there again?

Just now, Keithy said:

:P

How's the BenFinder going? Have slightly copied your idea and got  spreadsheet within two choices for most hour blocks. 

Have been meaning to ask you....now that you've got your first year put of the way, where's your excitement levels compared to 2015? Now you know what to expect, are you even more excited to be there again?

Quite frankly, yes.

I can honestly say that I am even more excited because:

(a) No I know how great it is, but know how much more there is to see and do, the anticipation is even higher

(b) I have the added excitement of meeting again all the smashing people who were, this time last year, only avatars!

(c) The line-up, which is so very important to me as a music obsessive, is just amazing this year

The BenFinderTM is pretty much finished for all five days. If I get a chance over the weekend at work I will tweak it. The biggest problem is the night-times, where I have multiple dance clashes!

5 more sleeps, three more shifts...

:)

Ben