Pale ale and mixer related question

Nialldotcom

Most of the bar have a couple a ales on, bars in acoustic and Avalon fields have a selection of ales there's a bar on the hill above the park as well that sells good ales. 

Interns of of mixers the shops sell big bottles of coke and other soft drinks but expect to pay about a £ more than usual. 

Never managed to find tonic anywhere on site, but lemonade, cola etc. is easy enough to get and you can even get ice. As a devotee of the noble G and T I will be taking some wedges of lime for that vital finishing touch.

The bars in Avalon and near the Acoustic Stage have a decent selection of Ales, there should be something you like though they are probably not "craft ales" in the true sense they are decently kept and better than fizzy lager.

16 hours ago, Nialldotcom said:

Question 2: any beer drinkers know where to get decent craft beer pale ales from on site?

I'm bringing some home brew pale ale.. Bit young but should be tasty

there are the odd bar that sells cans of IPA but I'd probably take some with you

17 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Don't buy bottles of soft drinks from the ice cream vans if you can help it. Vastly overpriced, and almost never cold.

I'm not bringing mixers for the first time and was thinking ice cream vans. Where would you advise?

4 minutes ago, dooke10 said:

I'm not bringing mixers for the first time and was thinking ice cream vans. Where would you advise?

There are "supermarkets" dotted around the site, but get them early on as they sell out towards the end.

2 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, has anyone ever come across bars selling German/Austrian etc weisse beer? Things like Erdinger, Hoegarden etc

Pretty sure the bar up in the acoustic field was selling a wheat beer one year. Don't recall being in there last year, but photos tell me otherwise. 

Just now, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Pretty sure the bar up in the acoustic field was selling a wheat beer one year. Don't recall being in there last year, but photos tell me otherwise. 

Thanks for the tip, will check it out. Did have a look for some cans of the stuff, but the supermarkets only seem to stock it in bottles. Love them - but watch out, too many will send you running for the long drops!

23 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, has anyone ever come across bars selling German/Austrian etc weisse beer? Things like Erdinger, Hoegarden etc

The Theatre Bar had some really interesting European (Belgian in particular I recall) craft beers last year.  Think this was the first time that they'd gone that way.  Hopefully they will repeat, as those I tried were great (and scarily powerful in some cases!).  Bonus at the Theatre Bar is that you can sit outside and watch the performance artists that gather in that area, great fun.

I plan to spend more time in the T&C area this year, seemed to miss it last year!

Those beers are very strong - I like the fact that I can nurse one for a while (takes me some time to finish a whole pint), and it'll make me pleasantly tipsy, as well as awakening my appetite!

2 hours ago, siblin said:

I'm bringing some home brew pale ale.. Bit young but should be tasty

there are the odd bar that sells cans of IPA but I'd probably take some with you

Home brew? Nice touch siblin, what are taking, one of those plastic barrels? Wouldnt fancy lugging one of those in!

3 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Home brew? Nice touch siblin, what are taking, one of those plastic barrels? Wouldnt fancy lugging one of those in!

I've made some and bottled it in empty coke bottles, Wilko also sell 500l pet bottles in rheir brewing isle. 

Edited by fur_q

Just now, zico martin said:

Bottled them into 5 pint plastic jugs and plastic bottles for the day :) 

I have two batches and sadly neither batch is perfect.  The first one is more like an amber ale, and the second one could do with a couple more weeks conditioning

On 17 June 2016 at 8:01 PM, Nialldotcom said:

Question 2: any beer drinkers know where to get decent craft beer pale ales from on site?

My tent, I'm bringing a stash :)

But seriously, last year they had Moor Nor' Hop, one from the Arbor Triple Hop series and St Austell Proper Job on in the ale tent by the Acoustic, all good hoppy pales. The latter two turned up in other bars too. 

Glastonbury easily has the best beer selection of any large festival (admittedly this is not saying much), looking forward to finding out what I'm going to be drinking this year.

2 hours ago, catavento said:

But seriously, last year they had Moor Nor' Hop, one from the Arbor Triple Hop series and St Austell Proper Job on in the ale tent by the Acoustic, all good hoppy pales. The latter two turned up in other bars too. 

Glastonbury easily has the best beer selection of any large festival (admittedly this is not saying much), looking forward to finding out what I'm going to be drinking this year.

That's pretty good. I'm stocked up on Elvis Juice and Chorlton Amarillo Sour but it's good to know there might be Moor stuff available if we run dry!

1 hour ago, TinyParker said:

That's pretty good. I'm stocked up on Elvis Juice and Chorlton Amarillo Sour but it's good to know there might be Moor stuff available if we run dry!

It was hard work getting them to sell me a pint though - they weren't happy because it was pouring cloudy, despite me telling them it was *meant to*. I wouldn't mind some Wild Beer stuff this year too, that's only brewed around the corner.

I was considering some tins of Elvis Juice if there are any left in the shop, it'd make a great breakfast beer. 

4 hours ago, catavento said:

Thank you! I'll definetly be heading to the acoustic field this year. Know where else they popped up?