Football 16-17

kaosmark2

Fixture lists are out! New season upon us. Etc. Etc. 

I'm calling the title as city or spurs. I don't reckon moaninho is good enough to get that squad he had challenging first season, Chelsea should recover to top 4ish but again, 1st season. 

Another year where arsenal really should have a good chance, but starting to think they won't again under wenger. Good as Leicester were they should have taken the opportunity better. 

Hard not to look at mainly the promoted teams for relegation, along with those that have been up only one year. Bournemouth seem likely and fuck knows what's going on at Watford. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I'm calling the title as city or spurs.

It's a bit early cos we don't know what the squads will be, but...

I can't see it for City. It's going to take Pep a bit longer to bed in. I actually think there's a bigger chance for Utd and the Moan, but I can't really see that either.

But less likely than those two I think are Spurs. I think, as has been the case in the last decade 0or so when they've improved, that other clubs will nick players enough to set them back at bit. I hate to say it because TGT will love it, but I reckon WHU will be the top London club.

As for who will actually win it, I've no idea cos I seem to have ruled out the most likely prospects. :lol:

32 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Fixture lists are out! New season upon us. Etc. Etc. 

I'm calling the title as city or spurs. I don't reckon moaninho is good enough to get that squad he had challenging first season, Chelsea should recover to top 4ish but again, 1st season. 

Another year where arsenal really should have a good chance, but starting to think they won't again under wenger. Good as Leicester were they should have taken the opportunity better. 

Hard not to look at mainly the promoted teams for relegation, along with those that have been up only one year. Bournemouth seem likely and fuck knows what's going on at Watford. 

When are our fixtures out? Next week?

1 minute ago, GlastoSimon said:

Course, still getting to grips with Villa and Newcastle being back in the Championship... spose you could have been Gateshead fans, although I wouldn't wish that on anyone :lol:

I'm not an actual Geordie mind, from Whitby. Grandad went to watch Newcastle play Middlesborough (i think) and he liked their kit so decided to follow them. Poor bloke :lol:

A very early prediction but I can see a top four, in no particular order, of City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal. If I had to pick a winner at this state I'd go for City & Pep, but will depend massively on what happens during the rest of the transfer window. Then from 5th to 10th any of Spurs, West Ham, Leicester, Southampton, Liverpool, Everton, in any order. Watford, Hull and Burnley for the drop. 

Any other fans of League Two clubs? I'm a Pompey fan with high expectations for next season. 

City to win it, followed by United/Chelsea in 2nd and 3rd. Arsenal making up the top 4 and Spurs in 5th.

8 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

A very early prediction but I can see a top four, in no particular order, of City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal. If I had to pick a winner at this state I'd go for City & Pep, but will depend massively on what happens during the rest of the transfer window. Then from 5th to 10th any of Spurs, West Ham, Leicester, Southampton, Liverpool, Everton, in any order. Watford, Hull and Burnley for the drop. 

Any other fans of League Two clubs? I'm a Pompey fan with high expectations for next season. 

Yep, Doncaster fan.

Our squad should never have been relegated last season and we've already made 7 signings who are all either players we expected to be out of our reach (Tommy Rowe, for example, almost single-handedly kept us up on loan at the end of last season, and everyone was saying he'd be on his way to a top 6 L1 team at least) or players who by the sounds of it excelled in L2 last season and have had their departures bemoaned by fans.

Taking the above into account, I'm very confident. I also expect you to be up their with us come the end of the season.

37 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Taking the above into account, I'm very confident. I also expect you to be up their with us come the end of the season.

I think the trouble with predicting league 2 is its competitiveness. I think the gap between the best and worst is the smallest of any of the English leagues. Teams regularly go from relegation contenders to title challengers in one season. Probably 75% of the teams see themselves as realistic promotion contenders.

9 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think the trouble with predicting league 2 is its competitiveness. I think the gap between the best and worst is the smallest of any of the English leagues. Teams regularly go from relegation contenders to title challengers in one season. Probably 75% of the teams see themselves as realistic promotion contenders.

Yeah I guess you're right. We've only been at that level for one season in the time I've been watching football and we won the league in our first season after winning the Conference play offs, so I guess that backs up what you're saying :P

5 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

Away first game, away last game, away twice over xmas, away to Swansea on Boxing Day? Fucking shit 

Don't like your new home so it doesn't matter though right? :P 

Edited by kaosmark2