Football 16-17

kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If people haven't seen it Harry Arter has written an excellent piece about coming to terms with the death of his baby daughter. It's emotional and harrowing in places, but also positive and uplifting. It actually had me welling up in places.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/10916127/harry-arter-on-the-loss-of-his-first-child-grief-and-the-joy-of-parenthood

Shows that despite the money and the fame footballers are just human beings like the rest of us.

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If people haven't seen it Harry Arter has written an excellent piece about coming to terms with the death of his baby daughter. It's emotional and harrowing in places, but also positive and uplifting. It actually had me welling up in places.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/10916127/harry-arter-on-the-loss-of-his-first-child-grief-and-the-joy-of-parenthood

Shows that despite the money and the fame footballers are just human beings like the rest of us.

Fair play to him for sharing that. 

3 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

If its to Utd then all other PL teams are fucked. It would be a nightmare

Is the China thing bollox or is it that he would never go there even for stupid ass silly money?

He said he'd never go to China. If its the Prem it'll be Utd*

*no chance though

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No where.

Tend to agree, hes playing hard ball with the authorities in Spain.

1 minute ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Well if he does go somewhere and it aint China (surely he has a breaking price there?) then I hope he goes to PSG. Him at Utd again would be insufferable 

It is impossible for United to be anymore insufferable.

On 2017-6-16 at 7:28 AM, lost said:

In other news Klassen to Everton is done which I guess means Barkley is on his way. I wonder where he will end up?

Different positions from what I've read? Doesn't Barkley play wide right for you? Klassen is a CM/CAM and seems to be expected to play as the most advanced of the midfield 3, alongside Schneiderlin and Gueye, replacing Tom Davies. Sigurdsson signing will be the biggest indicator of whether Barkley is leaving or not (though I do expect him to leave).

Not sure why he is leaving, mind. He isn't good enough for any team above Everton and going to warm the bench at Spurs would be a stupid move for him.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Different positions from what I've read? Doesn't Barkley play wide right for you? Klassen is a CM/CAM and seems to be expected to play as the most advanced of the midfield 3, alongside Schneiderlin and Gueye, replacing Tom Davies. Sigurdsson signing will be the biggest indicator of whether Barkley is leaving or not (though I do expect him to leave).

Not sure why he is leaving, mind. He isn't good enough for any team above Everton and going to warm the bench at Spurs would be a stupid move for him.

We play more of a Christmas tree with 2 attacking mid's off the striker then the three centre mid's with the full backs giving width.

As koeman was moaning about goals from the middle I was guessing he was going to get one of the advanced roles with bolasie but as you say if we are in for Sigurdsson who knows?? I'd be pretty gutted if Davis isn't getting regular games next year even though he dropped off a bit at the end

4 minutes ago, lost said:

We play more of a Christmas tree with 2 attacking mid's off the striker then the three centre mid's with the full backs giving width.

As koeman was moaning about goals from the middle I was guessing he was going to get one of the advanced roles with bolasie but as you say if we are in for Sigurdsson who knows?? I'd be pretty gutted if Davis isn't getting regular games next year even though he dropped off a bit at the end

Aye yeah I know Barkley plays quite central in that position I was just calling it that to distinguish between the two, really. Everything I've read has suggested Klassen would be in the midfield three.