kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

because no none else worth less than £89M could have scored a goal last night...? :P

Coulda woulda shoulda. Fact is, Pogba did score. Which means Man Utd will gain a big revenue from UEFA just for getting to the group stages plus another big pot from TV revenue. 

Edited by TheGayTent

28 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Coulda woulda shoulda. Fact is, Pogba did score. Which means Man Utd will gain a big revenue from UEFA just for getting to the group stages plus another big pot from TV revenue. 

Pogba is a great player (Who has played badly a lot for this season) but not worth 89 million. Then again, UTD are rolling in money, so who cares if they get ripped off?

Edited by zahidf

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Can i just say Jose putting 3 fingers up and Man Utd players talking about 'Three trophies' is really sad? Charity shield isnt a trophy FFS

when you're as desperate for success as man Utd are, it's a trophy.

Like the mickey mouse cup, and ...erm ... the mickey mouse cup.

Disney cash in three times with Utd this year. :lol:

27 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Can i just say Jose putting 3 fingers up and Man Utd players talking about 'Three trophies' is really sad? Charity shield isnt a trophy FFS

Tough season. 64 games played I think. Worst period in living memory yet Utd have won more in the last 12 months than Liverpool and Arsenal have combined in the last decade.

Have to say, after initially seeing some decent ball being played - particularly mid season - the standard has dipped dramatically over the last couple of months. Hopefully just down to injuries. 

And the teams mentioned above are still stronger at the moment. The league is the true reflection of a teams strength so there is an element of papering over the cracks here a bit.

Edited by The Nal

46 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Tough season. 64 games played I think. Worst period in living memory yet Utd have won more in the last 12 months than Liverpool and Arsenal have combined in the last decade.

Big swing. Its a bunch of meaningless trophies to top dogs in football in the modern day with Utd being one such top dog. Utd and its fans should be measuring their successes in PLs and CLs considering they are one of the richest clubs in the world who can spunk cash about the place. The only thing Utd fans should be celebrating (with a massive sigh of relief) is the fact they have automatically qualified for the CL when their league form was not nearly deserving of such (Thank God for the less than arduous road they had to the Europa League Final). Now its time for Jose to spunk all over the transfer market yet again confident that the attraction of the Utd cheque book coupled with the CL qualification should be top quality bait to catch some big fish...........

Utd dont win the big (real) trophies next year and its nothing but failure IMO. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

That maths does not check out.

25 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Big swing. Its a bunch of meaningless trophies to top dogs in football in the modern day with Utd being one such top dog. Utd and its fans should be measuring their successes in PLs and CLs considering they are one of the richest clubs in the world who can spunk cash about the place. The only thing Utd fans should be celebrating (with a massive sigh of relief) is the fact they have automatically qualified for the CL when their league form was not nearly deserving of such (Thank God for the less than arduous road they had to the Europa League Final). Now its time for Jose to spunk all over the transfer market yet again confident that the attraction of the Utd cheque book coupled with the CL qualification should be top quality bait to catch some big fish...........

Utd dont win the big (real) trophies next year and its nothing but failure IMO. 

Yep. Will have to challenge for the league at least. But Chelsea, Spurs, City, Liverpool and maybe Arsenal will all be thinking the same thing and all recruiting big in the summer one would think. 2nd seasons for a few of those managers too so should be settlled in. Very very tough league next year.

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

That maths does not check out.

Arsenal 2 x FA Cups? Liverpool 1 pisspot? 

Same then I suppose. Although I'd weight the Europa miles ahead of the other two. Either way its been relatively successful. 

Just now, The Nal said:

Yep. Will have to challenge for the league at least. But Chelsea, Spurs, City, Liverpool and maybe Arsenal will all be thinking the same thing and all recruiting big in the summer one would think. 2nd seasons for a few of those managers too so should be settlled in. Very very tough league next year.

Arsenal 2 x FA Cups? Liverpool 1 pisspot? 

Same then I suppose. Although I'd weight the Europa miles ahead of the other two. Either way its been relatively successful. 

I'm confused, are United including Community shields as trophies or not?

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

I'm not. Mourinho is. 

If Mourinho is including the Community Shield then Wenger should start including his Emirates Cup to bring his trophy record up a bit.

The three fingers gesture was outrageous. Must have been a fair amount of people asking themselves the question last night of "does the Community shield count?"

4 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Big exaggeration I think 

Depends how much he spunks this summer. If its another eye watering amount on top of the nearly £150m he spent already and the near £500m spent altogether since Ferg Face left and since they last won the league then it may not be the biggest exaggerations IMO 

I would have thought that for a club like Utd spending somewhere between £500-600 over a 5/6 year period and not winning a PL or CL would be looked upon as failure.........Im sure the other top dogs about Europe would think so.......

Eurggggghhhhh United play the most utterly woeful football I have seen since Stuart Pearce was City manager.

They will be a threat next season but god they are dull.

Fair play to the fans who went out there. It was pretty emotional hearing the cries of Manchester boom round the stadium. 

23 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Depends how much he spunks this summer. If its another eye watering amount on top of the nearly £150m he spent already and the near £500m spent altogether since Ferg Face left and since they last won the league then it may not be the biggest exaggerations IMO 

I would have thought that for a club like Utd spending somewhere between £500-600 over a 5/6 year period and not winning a PL or CL would be looked upon as failure.........Im sure the other top dogs about Europe would think so.......

Only one team can win each competition every year - it's not just Man Utd that spunk lots of cash. 

Challenging for the title into May and losing in a CL final would count as failure in your eyes?