Football 16-17

kaosmark2

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

Iim actually talking about arsenal, I don't think it's that important to them is it?

on a side note, Liverpool haven't qualified for the champions league. All you've done is qualify for a qualifying round for the champions league.

Utd are closer to a champions league spot than Liverpool.

Mhmm, sure. LFC haven't spent a penny and have sold 3 or 4 sublime talents in recent years. Most people had us as 6th, yet we were in the top 4 all but 3 weeks this season. Baby steps pal!! 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, thetime said:

Iim actually talking about arsenal, I don't think it's that important to them is it?

on a side note, Liverpool haven't qualified for the champions league. All you've done is qualify for a qualifying round for the champions league.

Utd are closer to a champions league spot than Liverpool.

I think Liverpool are likely to play a team worse than Ajax to qualify, so that's debatable.

Im sure Arsenals business model can easily accommodate missing champions league football. In sharing a league with 3 financial superpowers it would be mad if it couldn't.

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Very debateable, I've read this week it could be dortmund or Napoli.

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Very debateable, I've read this week it could be dortmund or Napoli.

It could be, or it could be a similar team or worse. Looking at the potential opponents I would argue more are equal or worse than Ajax than better. They could actually end up drawing Ajax as well!

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It could be, or it could be a similar team or worse. Looking at the potential opponents I would argue more are equal or worse than Ajax than better. They could actually end up drawing Ajax as well!

Time will tell pink, time will tell. I don't watch Dutch football so no idea how good Ajax will be  or not.

will be interesting how they respond to a big final because of there ages. They could easily thrive with a not care attitude or freeze on the night.

52 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Is it against the rules to purposely give away a throw in at a defined time of a match? I would have thought in view of betting it would be.

You'd have thought so.

Apparently the whole thing of subbing Terry off and giving him a guard of honour on 26 minutes was his own idea. Just when you thought he couldn't be any more of a cock.

45 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

You'd have thought so.

Apparently the whole thing of subbing Terry off and giving him a guard of honour on 26 minutes was his own idea. Just when you thought he couldn't be any more of a cock.

100% his idea yep. And Moyesie agreed to it. Applauded Terry but not the Sunderland fans after the game 

59 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Anyone have joy with their fantasy teams?

Topped all my mini leagues other than the eFests one (damn you Gary Kennedy whoever you are), despite a strong fightback over the past few weeks.

31k overall which is way higher than I've ever finished, so I guess I'm happy with that all round.

28 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Topped all my mini leagues other than the eFests one (damn you Gary Kennedy whoever you are), despite a strong fightback over the past few weeks.

31k overall which is way higher than I've ever finished, so I guess I'm happy with that all round.

Huh? Theres an efests league?

Im very happy. Came top of all my leagues.

4,421st overall (2,341 points) and won £250. Pays for Glasto

Edited by Slugworth

If Utd do win the europa, will there be an extra space for an English club in europa next season?

as it stands it's Utd (efl cup winners) and arsenal 5th place. Arsenal win the cup it will go down to 7th and Everton, if extra place as far down to 8th.

As a note, I don't think 5th is a disgrace for Arsenal. Record highest points tally for 5th position, with 4th highest wage budget. Not bad for a team competing on multiple fronts. I get why people feel there's been stagnation, but I don't think this season is a sign consistency has gone.

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

As a note, I don't think 5th is a disgrace for Arsenal. Record highest points tally for 5th position, with 4th highest wage budget. Not bad for a team competing on multiple fronts. I get why people feel there's been stagnation, but I don't think this season is a sign consistency has gone.

The high point total is more to do with a lack of quality opposition at the bottom half of the table. The disgrace is our inability to seriously compete for any major trophy (CL or PL) in recent years