Football 16-17

kaosmark2

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Back to the real stuff, and I'm not at all looking forward to Arsenal v City on Sunday. Could be ugly.

Here's the fixtures:

Liverpool 1-2 Everton

Burnley 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Chelsea 2-0 Crystal Palace

Hull City 2-1 West Ham United

Leicester City 1-1 Stoke City

Manchester United 2-0 West Bromwich Albion

Watford 1-2 Sunderland

Southampton 3-1 Bournemouth

Sunday 2nd April 2017

Swansea City 2-0 Middlesbrough

Arsenal 1-3 Manchester City

A few interesting ones there, with Hull and Sunderland probably hoping to get something out of their games tomorrow. If Boro lose on Sunday they'll be 8 points behind Swansea, and in real trouble.

Predictions?

My 2 cents

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's the fixtures:

Liverpool v Everton - praying for a Liverpool win - I think a draw is more likely.

Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur - comfortable Spurs win

Chelsea v Crystal Palace - can't see any upset happening here - Chelsea win

Hull City v West Ham United - score draw

Leicester City v Stoke City - Leicester win

Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion - West brom win

Watford v Sunderland - Sunderland win

Southampton v Bournemouth - Southampton win, lots of goals scored

Sunday 2nd April 2017

Swansea City v Middlesbrough - big win for the Swans

Arsenal v Manchester City - Aresnal win

On 03/04/2017 at 10:46 AM, The Nal said:

Actually watched the clip of it. Its not as bad as the quotes make out. Yes it was wrong, and there was a slight undertone, but it was far more playful than the quotes suggest. Media twisting it more than its worth.. obviously.

30 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Actually watched the clip of it. Its not as bad as the quotes make out. Yes it was wrong, and there was a slight undertone, but it was far more playful than the quotes suggest. Media twisting it more than its worth.. obviously.

Yeah saw the same myself after posting. Just a bit silly now as opposed to completely mental!

Although we may see him lose it later. If they don't win they're as good as gone. 

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

@The Nal what's happened to this all scoring, exciting football you said Jose was going to serve up.

fluked it last night, and with a player who's shit according to the club. Laughably Moaniho claimed credit for Shaw.

Now, what was I saying about how Liverpool would pick up and Utd would drop off? :P

Liverpool might be a bit fucked tho, cos it looks like Mane out for the rest of the season - tho I reckon he's one of the more replaceable players from the very thin backups they have.

Edited by eFestivals

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Liverpool might be a bit fucked tho, cos it looks like Mane out for the rest of the season - tho I reckon he's one of the more replaceable players from the very thin backups they have.

ay? more replaceable? they missed him hugely when he was at Afcon. I'm hoping for a Liverpool stumble.

Arsenal desperately need a win tonight. Am going to the game, I fear big AC - everything we hate and cant cope with.

Edited by mjsell

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Read yesterday since they signed mane, they haven't won a game he hasn't started.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

fluked it last night, and with a player who's shit according to the club. Laughably Moaniho claimed credit for Shaw.

I find his brand of man management very odd, it's not like it's even working. A player that's low on confidence, let's tell the world I did his thinking for him as he's not capable to think.

4 minutes ago, mjsell said:

ay? more replaceable? they missed him hugely when he was at Afcon. I'm hoping for a Liverpool stumble.

Nah, I don't think they did - not as much as they missed Phil & Hendo, anyway. Luckily they've realised Can can't cover for Hendo, finally, and Lucas is much better in that holding role.

There's Origi to cover for Mane, and he's about the only properly-decent cover they have. Origi isn't as good, but he's no slouch either.

Just now, thetime said:

I find his brand of man management very odd, it's not like it's even working. A player that's low on confidence, let's tell the world I did his thinking for him as he's not capable to think.

I'd take him at Arsenal. We've had an english left back for ages that doesn't have the ability to think and we've made do. Shaw is an upgrade.

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

Read yesterday since they signed mane, they haven't won a game he hasn't started.

Oooo, that's a bit scarey. :blink:

But they games he missed they've also had Hendo & Phil missing (or Phil sluggish cos he'd been injured) and I reckon those two are much more crucial than Mane, particularly when they weren't finding a way to cover for Hendo missing - tho which they seem to have sorted now.

I think the league position they're in will give the team the drive it needs to keep on going for the final games. I'd be far less confident with that if Utd had got above them by now rather than dropped off again.

But Henderson is also injured at the moment (and of course so is Lallana).............I would not be shocked if LFC start to drop points again soon if they cant get their players back fit. The bench is not deep enough to manage the injuries they have sustained this year...........(hence lack of challenge at the top)

17 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

But Henderson is also injured at the moment (and of course so is Lallana).............I would not be shocked if LFC start to drop points again soon if they cant get their players back fit. The bench is not deep enough to manage the injuries they have sustained this year...........(hence lack of challenge at the top)

yep, they can't get any further injuries, they just haven't got the squad ... tho I think Hendo and Lallana will be back for some matches.

They can cope without Mane, tho - tho whether they actually will is something else. As far as injuries go he was their most replaceable player (of those currently fit) i reckon.

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I think Lucas only came into midfield because of lallana's injury. If lallana had have been fit I reckon Lucas wouldn't have started and Can stayed there

you might be right ... but both Lucas in the middle or Milner back in the middle are better than Can in the middle without those two somewhere nearby.

Can is decent enough tho as a jack of all trades and master of none - too erratic, too slow, and too unaware to play that holding role with forward-minded players as the other midfielders.

54 minutes ago, thetime said:

@The Nal what's happened to this all scoring, exciting football you said Jose was going to serve up.

Its been there at times, as noted on here at various stages of the season. Been ropey recently alright, especially at home. Dropped 21 points at home this season. Half that team are gone in the summer. 

If City lose tonight and Utd beat Sunderland they're 1 point of City in 4th and 2 off Liverpool in 3rd. Haven't lost in the league in 20 games either. 

Still stand by what I said early in the season. Still in the mix for that. Although some big big games coming up. 

On 10/26/2016 at 11:21 AM, The Nal said:

This is a transitional season. Utd are not going to challenge for the league. A bit of stability, an implemented philosophy and top 4 is the goal. 

Edited by The Nal

I really don't understand koemans tactics in those last two games. Firstly why didn't he start the side against Liverpool which he used against Utd? Then last night taking off both barkley and mirrallas left no link between defence and the strikers and just invited wave after wave of attacks from Utd. Lookman was excellent when he first came in but can't get a game now.

Also Lukaku slagging off Williams to pogba at the end. His record against the top 6 is shocking and he should be looking closer to home. Twice he could of squared to players who would of then been one on one with De Gea.