kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, The Nal said:

Jose cutting off his nose to spite his face? Nah. Jose just thinks hes fat and weak. 

Hasn't Shaw suffered with depression and some mental issues. I seem to recall something about that. It couldnt have been easy having all that expectation on you followed by that leg break. I don't think Jose is the best manager to help deal with that sort of stuff. I really feel for Shaw.

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

Hasn't Shaw suffered with depression and some mental issues. I seem to recall something about that. It couldnt have been easy having all that expectation on you followed by that leg break. I don't think Jose is the best manager to help deal with that sort of stuff. I really feel for Shaw.

So do I! Jose is ruthless at the best of times. Hes also seems to prefer if a player tries to play injured. The whole "Oh no Im ok boss" thing. Shaw didn't do that earlier in the season, he was honest and said he couldn't play and I think that pissed Mourinho off. 

Hes still only 21. Lots of time to get it right. I hope he stays. 

9 hours ago, DavisO89 said:

Love how sky sports are barking on about Englands centre back cover being "thin" after Jones was ruled out. Only got Cahill, Smalling, Keane, Stones and Dier left in the squad. How on earth will we cope? :rolleyes:

I imagine Dier will be used in centre midfield though - due to the lack of good options there, despite him having not played there since the start of the season. The other 4 will be enough though. Hope Keane gets a go, been impressed with him and Mee at Burnley this season. Ben Gibson looks another CB that could help out in that area in the future - can't see him staying at Boro when they go down. Centre back actually looks to be a postion where we have ample options coming through, just hope some of them push on and get to a higher level than they are now. And what with the emergence of Spurs' full backs with Bertrand and Clyne as alternatives the back 4 is looking stronger than it has for a while.

Centre mid is an absolute shitshow though - Henderson is the only player that can really justify a starting role in there. We do have a lot of advanced midfielders though which is an area we have traditionally lacked in. Do maybe getting some of Alli, Barkley and Lallana to fit into the team in deeper than normal role is the challenge. Personally I would like to see Ox be played in there going forward as well, still think thats his best position.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Ever present during my childhood as a fan. Liverpool through and through. If you cut him, he bled red.  :-)

RIP Ron. 

One hell of an impressive career, really. There won't be many who clock up as much as he was involved with.

2 league titles and an FA cup as a player, an FA cup as a manger, plus backroom involvement with the huge amount that Shanks, Paisley & Dalglish won.

44 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

One hell of an impressive career, really. There won't be many who clock up as much as he was involved with.

2 league titles and an FA cup as a player, an FA cup as a manger, plus backroom involvement with the huge amount that Shanks, Paisley & Dalglish won.

Moran's achievements and worth to Liverpool stands by itself. There's no need for over exaggeration via lack of detail

Edited by TheGayTent
To correct autocorrect

12 hours ago, DavisO89 said:

Love how sky sports are barking on about Englands centre back cover being "thin" after Jones was ruled out. Only got Cahill, Smalling, Keane, Stones and Dier left in the squad. How on earth will we cope? :rolleyes:

I agree with them when you consider England previously had the likes of Campbell, Ferdinand, Terry. King etc they have significantly downgraded. I know last year people were making Smalling to be the next great defender, but in truth he is pretty average. 

11 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I agree with them when you consider England previously had the likes of Campbell, Ferdinand, Terry. King etc they have significantly downgraded. I know last year people were making Smalling to be the next great defender, but in truth he is pretty average. 

It's not just the cover that's thin, it's the starting XI...

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I agree with them when you consider England previously had the likes of Campbell, Ferdinand, Terry. King etc they have significantly downgraded. I know last year people were making Smalling to be the next great defender, but in truth he is pretty average

Yup. Frankly the whole squad is pretty average. Anyone remember when Scholes had to retire because he couldn't get a game for England? Miles away from that now.

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

FTFY. 

Haha thanks.

Here's the team from 2001 when we beat them 5-1. How many wouldn't get into this team?

GK 1 David Seaman (Arsenal)
RB 2 Gary Neville (Manchester United)
LB 3 Ashley Cole (Arsenal)
CM 4 Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)   Substituted off 78'
CB 5 Rio Ferdinand (Leeds United)
CB 6 Sol Campbell (Arsenal)
RM 7 David Beckham (Manchester United) (c)
CM 8 Paul Scholes (Manchester United)   Substituted off 83'
CF 9 Emile Heskey (Liverpool) YC 54'
CF 10 Michael Owen (Liverpool)
LM 11 Nicky Barmby (Liverpool)   Substituted off 64'
Substitutes:
DF 12 Gareth Southgate (Middlesbrough)
GK 13 Nigel Martyn (Leeds United)
MF 14 Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich)   Substituted in 78'
DF 15 Jamie Carragher (Liverpool)   Substituted in 83'
MF 16 Steve McManaman (Real Madrid)   Substituted in 64'
FW 17 Andrew Cole (Manchester United)
FW 18 Robbie Fowler (Liverpool)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bruno-fernandes-de-souza-brazil-goalkeeper-torture-murder-ex-girlfriend-boa-esporte-mother-child-a7641836.html?amp

In his first major interview since being released from prison, 32-year-old Bruno Fernandes de Souza said: “What happened, happened. I made a mistake, a serious one, but mistakes happens in life - I’m not a bad guy.”

People tried to bury my dream because of one mistake, but I asked God for forgiveness, so I’m carrying on with my career, dude,”

Rone Moraes da Costa – president of Brazil’s Boa Esporte – “unmoved” by local authority threats to withdraw funding after he signed Bruno. Da Costa: “If this city doesn’t like it, I move us to another city. Bruno deserves this chance.”

Edited by zahidf

20 minutes ago, zahidf said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bruno-fernandes-de-souza-brazil-goalkeeper-torture-murder-ex-girlfriend-boa-esporte-mother-child-a7641836.html?amp

In his first major interview since being released from prison, 32-year-old Bruno Fernandes de Souza said: “What happened, happened. I made a mistake, a serious one, but mistakes happens in life - I’m not a bad guy.”

People tried to bury my dream because of one mistake, but I asked God for forgiveness, so I’m carrying on with my career, dude,”

Rone Moraes da Costa – president of Brazil’s Boa Esporte – “unmoved” by local authority threats to withdraw funding after he signed Bruno. Da Costa: “If this city doesn’t like it, I move us to another city. Bruno deserves this chance.”

without trying to justify anything of his crime, people do crime and serve their time, and then resume normal life. 

It's the way it should be.

Otherwise we might as well string up every and all criminals.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

without trying to justify anything of his crime, people do crime and serve their time, and then resume normal life. 

It's the way it should be.

Otherwise we might as well string up every and all criminals.

Fair enough. But id say feeding your pregnant girlfriend to dogs is hardly just a 'mistake'. And that is a pretty 'woe is me, im the REAL victim' interview.

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

Didn't he get out on a technicality rather than having served his time?

if that's the case, it stands a non-conviction.

When we stop working to law, there is no law.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Fair enough. But id say feeding your pregnant girlfriend to dogs is hardly just a 'mistake'. And that is a pretty 'woe is me, im the REAL victim' interview.

I didn't call or suggest it as a mistake.

I classed it as a matter that's been dealt with.

Move on, or I'll keep hanging you forever over your regular "all brexit voters are racists" thing, which one day you'll realise you're being a moron about. 

Edited by eFestivals

22 minutes ago, mjsell said:

He got out because of slow processing of an appeal request. Law is law, but sometimes the law is an ass.

Also, he doesnt deny his 'mistake' (as he puts it)

Anyway, i just thought it was an odd story. Puts the question of what football fans will forgive into some perspective!

45 minutes ago, mjsell said:

He got out because of slow processing of an appeal request. Law is law, but sometimes the law is an ass.

Oh, I don't disagree that it can be an arse.

But it's all we have, and it's better to work to it arse and all, than to dismiss it and have something worse.

23 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Also, he doesnt deny his 'mistake' (as he puts it)

Anyway, i just thought it was an odd story. Puts the question of what football fans will forgive into some perspective!

There's no accounting for what footie fans will forgive for self-serving reasons, and the same thing - and it's opposite - exists in politics too.

Think on, eh? :P