Football 16-17

kaosmark2

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I guess that Man Utd the racist team then in your eyes, given their often said thing about having a British core, and your smart-guy opinion that all brexiters are racists. :lol:

Its a bit little england/brexity to drop better players for worse ones cos they are british...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Its a bit little england/brexity to drop better players for worse ones cos they are british...

have you never heard the idea said that teams need a British core?  I've heard it said regularly for the last 20+ years.

And if/when you've heard it for the last 20+ years, has your immediate response been "racists" like you scream today, or was your brain working back then?

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

have you never heard the idea said that teams need a British core?  I've heard it said regularly for the last 20+ years.

And if/when you've heard it for the last 20+ years, has your immediate response been "racists" like you scream today, or was your brain working back then?

Come on, thats a silly quote from Moyes. Bit 'Proper football man' 

And i didnt say he was racist, just a bit silly. I dont think being 'British' really helps anything, unless they play regularly in the England team maybe

Just now, zahidf said:

Come on, thats a silly quote from Moyes. Bit 'Proper football man' 

And i didnt say he was racist, just a bit silly. I dont think being 'British' really helps anything, unless they play regularly in the England team maybe

whether or not it's really anything different who knows, but someone who wasn't looking for racism in every word would have realised that Moyes was referring to a particular 'harder' style of play and not gone off on one as you have. 

Just now, eFestivals said:

whether or not it's really anything different who knows, but someone who wasn't looking for racism in every word would have realised that Moyes was referring to a particular 'harder' style of play and not gone off on one as you have. 

I didnt go of on one, i just mocked him a little. Perfectly valid!

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

I think the end of this season could be a bit of an anti-climax after what appeared to be a last day of the season type race for both the top 4 and to avoid relegation. I think relegation will be decided before the last game. And even the top 4 has spread out quite a bit. There was a chance it was going to be a 5 team shootout for 3 places going in to the last game, but now I can only see it being between 2 maybe 3 if Everton can beat Liverpool.

Moyes has only won 3 home games or something stupid like that. And i think middlesbrough has left it too late 

Between Hull and Swansea. Swansea have better players, but i think Hill has a better manager

Palace have a massively tough last 5 games (Top 6 away and Burnley at 'fortress Turf Moor) so they could slip back.

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

of course, drawing 0-0 against Burnley and being pretty much relegated in March does sound like a British way of doing things

Hull looked good on Saturday and could of snatched a draw if it hadn't been for the dodgy sending off.

The same thing that let Hull back into the game (schneiderlins injury) has probably killed any chance Everton had of top 4. I can't see Liverpool losing to be honest, Gareth Barry in there instead, in front of Jagielka and Williams means any team with a bit of pace should murder that defense. All three are past their best and need replacing in the summer. 

Edited by lost

15 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

City could have been out of sight after 30 mins. Having said that, how Lallana didn't win it in the second half..........

City getting absolutely robbed in the big matches by refs this season. We totally played Chelsea and Spurs off the park and were the better team against Liverpool, yet only gained 2 points.

There are no excuses for the ref's mistakes in those games. It is turning into WWE. Luiz should have been sent off against Chelsea, Kyle Walker should have been sent off and a penalty to City against Spurs and Milner should have been off with a penalty for City against Liverpool.

They say things even themselves out over a season, that is a load of bollocks.

Edited by eastynh

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

City getting absolutely robbed in the big matches by refs this season. We totally played Chelsea and Spurs off the park and were the better team against Liverpool, yet only gained 2 points.

There are no excuses for the ref's mistakes in those games. It is turning into WWE. Luiz should have been sent off against Chelsea, Kyle Walker should have been sent off and a penalty to City against Spurs and Milner should have been off with a penalty for City against Liverpool.

They say things even themselves out over a season, that is a load of bollocks.

Let's forget all about bravo wwe tackle on Rooney in the box hey. 

10 minutes ago, thetime said:

Let's forget all about bravo wwe tackle on Rooney in the box hey. 

Was not even a foul. Bravo got to the ball 1st. 

That was another match where City totally played United off the park and United were lucky to be within touching distance.

There is absolutely no argument in regards to the 3 decisions I have highlighted. All 3 are clear sending offs and 2 stonewall penalties.

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

There is absolutely no argument in regards to the 3 decisions I have highlighted. All 3 are clear sending offs and 2 stonewall penalties.

Well there obviously is an argument. You can't just say 'there's no argument' - you might not agree with the opposing view but if there's someone that holds that view then there clearly is an argument.

13 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Milner was a penalty but in new rules not a sending off. It has to be deliberate for it to be sending off now and I'd say he was going for ball. 

Can also understand why ref didn't give it as the contact was slight so can see how he'd miss it. Assistant should have seen it though. 

Sterling should have scored no matter if there was contact or not (I take it that's what we are talking about).

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't have much sympathy when fans of city, Chelsea, man u etc talk about things being unfair, while happily accepting the unfair financial advantages they have. 

Thats a whole different argument and has absolutely nothing to do with dodgy ref decisions. For the record I would be totally in favour of each team only being allowed to spend a specific amount on transfers and wages. I doubt a level playing field is what the authorities want though as that would not be good for business.

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Milner was a penalty but in new rules not a sending off. It has to be deliberate for it to be sending off now and I'd say he was going for ball. 

Can also understand why ref didn't give it as the contact was slight so can see how he'd miss it. Assistant should have seen it though. 

It should have been a penalty for the pull back on Aguero and that was deliberate, never mind the Sterling one. 

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

Schweinsteiger off to MLS. Good luck to him. Shame we didn't see him play in this neck of the woods really. Proper class act and one of the best midfielders in the world for a few years.

Part of Jose's bizarre and frankly petty insistence on ostracising most of the players that the previous bloke bought.

See also: Shaw, Luke; Martial, Antony; Schneiderlin, Morgan; Depay, Memphis;  

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Part of Jose's bizarre and frankly petty insistence on ostracising most of the players that the previous bloke bought.

He was hardly the first name on the team sheet under LVG either. 

See also: Shaw, Luke; Martial, Antony; Schneiderlin, Morgan; Depay, Memphis;  

Hes right about that lot. Shaw is very inconsistent, Schneiderlin isn't a Utd midfielder in a million years and Memphis couldn't do diddly poo.

He did start Martial at the start of the season remember but he had a few bad games. 

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

He was hardly the first name on the team sheet under LVG either. 

Hes right about that lot. Shaw is very inconsistent, Schneiderlin isn't a Utd midfielder in a million years and Memphis couldn't do diddly poo.

He did start Martial at the start of the season remember but he had a few bad games. 

Shaw is inconsistent because he has never had a solid run of games. He has been treated horrifically and I hope he pushes to leave in the summer. I'd have him at Arsenal. He's one of only 2 players I've seen live that have controlled and dominated a game from left back (vs West Ham when at Southampton) - the other being Ashley Cole. 

A great manager gets the best out of players that clearly have ability, and doesn't instantly dump them when they have a few bad games.

4 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Shaw is inconsistent because he has never had a solid run of games. He has been treated horrifically and I hope he pushes to leave in the summer. I'd have him at Arsenal. He's one of only 2 players I've seen live that have controlled and dominated a game from left back (vs West Ham when at Southampton) - the other being Ashley Cole. 

A great manager gets the best out of players that clearly have ability, and doesn't instantly dump them when they have a few bad games.

I'm a big Shaw fan. Would love to see him stay and become a regular. I think Jose thinks hes fat. 

Just now, The Nal said:

I'm a big Shaw fan. Would love to see him stay and become a regular. I think Jose thinks hes fat. 

I heard a story about the Shaw camp believing Jose doesn't like him because he turned down moving to Chelsea before going to United.