kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's a shame for him, but take sentiment out of it and judge it solely on form and league position and it's hard to argue against it. If he stayed in charge they were almost certainly going down. 

Ignoring the obvious points that Leicester aren't even in the bottom three, let alone relegated....this point of view is only hard to argue against if you think every manager of a team that get relegated automatically deserves the sack. A point of view I would suggest is ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Ignoring the obvious points that Leicester aren't even in the bottom three, let alone relegated....this point of view is only hard to argue against if you think every manager of a team that get relegated automatically deserves the sack. A point of view I would suggest is ridiculous. 

I suppose it was inevitable

Leicester issue 'unwavering support' for boss Claudio Ranieri

By Lyall Thomas

Last Updated: 07/02/17 6:50pm

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's a shame for him, but take sentiment out of it and judge it solely on form and league position and it's hard to argue against it. If he stayed in charge they were almost certainly going down. 

He has previous of achieving the unlikely for them. I think he deserved the chance to keep them up. Vardy scoring again last night and who are they going to replace him with at this stage.

For me, sacking him is a shite state of affairs. I hope their fans are outside the stadium.

9 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

He has previous of achieving the unlikely for them. I think he deserved the chance to keep them up. Vardy scoring again last night and who are they going to replace him with at this stage.

For me, sacking him is a shite state of affairs. I hope their fans are outside the stadium.

Agreed. Having taken them into Europe, the least he deserved was to see their champ league campaign through to the end.

Poor.

51 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

I have at no point said that every manager who gets relegated deserves the sack. They weren't expected to repeat last season's feats but at the same time they have underperformed this season given how much they've spent.

If he hadn't won the league last season then nobody would be surprised by this. The club are in rotten form and have been for months, they are plummeting towards the bottom three and there has been little sign of Ranieri turning it around. Most clubs would do the same in this situation. 

Not saying it isn't harsh, but if you remove the emotion it's understandable. If I was a Leicester fan however I would be gutted.

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

If you cloned 20 perfect managers, 3 would be relegated every season. In my view Ranieri earned the right to take them down if that's how it ended up.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I have at no point said that every manager who gets relegated deserves the sack. They weren't expected to repeat last season's feats but at the same time they have underperformed this season given how much they've spent.

If he hadn't won the league last season then nobody would be surprised by this. The club are in rotten form and have been for months, they are plummeting towards the bottom three and there has been little sign of Ranieri turning it around. Most clubs would do the same in this situation. 

Not saying it isn't harsh, but if you remove the emotion it's understandable. If I was a Leicester fan however I would be gutted.

Is underperformance automatically a sign of poor management. Is it not possible that clubs can have good seasons, followed by bad and then good again? We have reached a silly point in football where clubs aren't allowed to have poor seasons.

Leicester are about where they should be, for the players they have. Last season was a massive fluke, but they are returning to their natural level.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Is underperformance automatically a sign of poor management. Is it not possible that clubs can have good seasons, followed by bad and then good again? We have reached a silly point in football where clubs aren't allowed to have poor seasons.

Leicester are about where they should be, for the players they have. Last season was a massive fluke, but they are returning to their natural level.

It's the double edged sword of success isn't it? Succeed once and you're under pressure to replicate it, however unlikely.

My point remains though that most managers would find themselves either sacked or at the very least under serious pressure if they were on the sort of run Leicester currently are. Palace, Hull and Swansea all did so.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My point remains though that most managers would find themselves either sacked or at the very least under serious pressure if they were on the sort of run Leicester currently are. Palace, Hull and Swansea all did so.

I don't disagree, which is a sad fact about the modern game. Fans expect only average to good seasons, when the law of probability suggests you will probably get poor ones mixed in.

42 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That doesn't make it hard to argue against. 

24 minutes ago, thetime said:

Tells you everything that the managers that won a major domestic trophy last season have all been sacked.

Didn't realise that. Good stat.

Maybe we all know football is shit and Leicester last season gave us some kind of hope.

But now they behave like shit and it's all shit again.

Some of their fans must just be arriving home from their champs league tie looking forward to the 2nd leg.

Leicester will still be in the Champions League in the middle of March.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

Wonder how those Leicester players are feeling tonight? 

They should have given him the season and Europe campaign but I guess the higher ups cannot risk getting relegated due to the financial implications.  

Edit: Think this'll almost certainly see them drop now

Edited by WS_Jack_III

5 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Wonder how those Leicester players are feeling tonight? 

They should have given him the season and Europe campaign but I guess the higher ups cannot risk getting relegated due to the financial implications.  

Edit: Think this'll almost certainly see them drop now

He had 'lost the dressing room' apparently. Definitely playing like it!