kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Did Pulis run over your dog or something? Bashing him seems to be a love of yours. What's that all about?

Interesting observation. I like managers who have an obvious love for the game, that have a bit of class about them, and set their teams up to play football in a honest way. Bobby Robson for example. 

Pulis is none of the above. 

Supporting your club is one one thing, but I think fans shouldn't be so blinded by that support, that they believe their own shit doesn't stink. 

8 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Interesting observation. I like managers who have an obvious love for the game, that have a bit of class about them, and set their teams up to play football in a honest way. Bobby Robson for example. 

Pulis is none of the above. 

Supporting your club is one one thing, but I think fans shouldn't be so blinded by that support, that they believe their own shit doesn't stink. 

Trust me. I know exactly what Pulis is. What he has done to the clubs he has managed in the past and the fact that he is not a very nice man. He manages our football  club and at present he's doing a good job, but I am under no illusions as to his character.

However I will take umbrage with the "boring West Brom" "negative Pulis" jibes. They're lazy, ill-informed comments by people who clearly do not watch us play. We play some nice stuff these days. We have a front four of Rondon, Chadli, Phillips and Morrison who carry a real threat. The team is set up these days to soak up pressure and break quickly using these four. It's exactly what Leicester did and nobody called them boring.

Edited by Hugh Jass

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Trust me. I know exactly what Pulis is. What he has done to the clubs he has managed in the past and the fact that he is not a very nice man. He manages our football  club and at present he's doing a good job, but I am under no illusions as to his character.

However I will take umbrage with the "boring West Brom" "negative Pulis" jibes. They're lazy, ill-informed comments by people who clearly do not watch us play. We play some nice stuff these days. We have a front four of Rondon, Chadli, Phillips and Morrison who carry a real threat. The team is set up these days to soak up pressure and break quickly using these four. It's exactly what Leicester did and nobody called them boring.

I think you're missing the point. Pulis always sets his teams up to be extremely well drilled defensively. Everyone knows their job and the team is built around the 6 or 7 defensive players. He then allows 3 or 4 others license to roam BUT only when you have the ball. 

There are comments like "negative Pulis" because that is exactly what he is. Get a goal lead and then concentrate even further on defence. In 12 months under Pulis you've won 1-0 thirteen times. Thirteen. George Graham would be proud. 

I'm not surprised as a baggie you don't see it or you choose not to, but it's there. Pulis is only slightly behind Allardyce in the bore ball stakes...

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

I think you're missing the point. Pulis always sets his teams up to be extremely well drilled defensively. Everyone knows their job and the team is built around the 6 or 7 defensive players. He then allows 3 or 4 others license to roam BUT only when you have the ball. 

There are comments like "negative Pulis" because that is exactly what he is. Get a goal lead and then concentrate even further on defence. In 12 months under Pulis you've won 1-0 thirteen times. Thirteen. George Graham would be proud. 

I'm not surprised as a baggie you don't see it or you choose not to, but it's there. Pulis is only slightly behind Allardyce in the bore ball stakes...

We were dour and negative last season without doubt, but that is no longer the case. Out of ten wins this season we've won 4-2, 4-0, 3-1 (three seperate times), 2-0. We've only had four single goal victories and yesterday was our first 1-0 since the opening day.

These results do not support your argument. I submit that you can't move past existing prejudices.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

These results do not support your argument. I submit that you can't move past existing prejudices.

Got to say I agree with this. Start of the season I wanted West Brom to be relegated because of their history of boring football and a dick of a manger. One of those things has changed this season, and I'll happily admit my opinion of the quality of football played at the hawthorns has been changed this season. 

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

We were dour and negative last season without doubt, but that is no longer the case. Out of ten wins this season we've won 4-2, 4-0, 3-1 (three seperate times), 2-0. We've only had four single goal victories and yesterday was our first 1-0 since the opening day.

I don't agree, my eyes tell me so. As do your attendances. 

4 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

I don't agree, my eyes tell me so. As do your attendances. 

Well good luck to your eyes. Their opinion is clearly worth more than my eyes who have seen 63% of our live matches this season and any number of statistics that prove your accusations otherwise. You clearly will not accept any evidence to the contrary of your outdated views (again, there is zero evidence to support anything you have said regarding our performances this season). So I'm off to enjoy being the 8th best team in the country.

Toodles. X

Huge results this weekend. Chelsea the big winners. Good week for City and Utd too. Liverpool and Arsenal both out of the title race officially now. 

Liverpools season over already. Some LFC turning on Klopp. "The German Pardew" :lol:

And Big Sam is fooked. 

I've been disappointed by the lack of coverage all tournament, but the fact the AFCON final isn't even televised really winds me up.

I watched it on Eurosport. Decent game. Pitch was shocking. 

Winner was a peach though. 

Edited by The Nal

16 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I watched it on Eurosport. Decent game. Pitch was shocking. 

Winner was a peach though. 

Saw the goals. Winner fantastic, thought the opener was good too. Just wish I could have watched the actual thing, couldn't even find a stream of it. Eurosport seem good at protecting that.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Well good luck to your eyes. Their opinion is clearly worth more than my eyes who have seen 63% of our live matches this season and any number of statistics that prove your accusations otherwise. You clearly will not accept any evidence to the contrary of your outdated views (again, there is zero evidence to support anything you have said regarding our performances this season). So I'm off to enjoy being the 8th best team in the country.

Toodles. X

Lies, damn lies, and statistics eh? 

16/17 23,258 8th 
15/16 24,631 14th 
14/15 25,064 13th 
13/14 25,194 17th 
12/13 25,327 8th 
11/12 24,793 10th
10/11 24,683 11th 

I wonder when it was exactly that Pulis took over....

Your own words give you away too....

I miss the days when Arsenal used to win 1-0. Sigh.

I was in the car so didn't watch the game, but got a pretty good idea listening to 5Live. Same old Arsenal sadly. I think it's probably too easy to only blame the manager, but we so rarely get points from these difficult away games that something's obviously not right. There's no shame in losing to a team like Chelsea, but to get out-played to that extent isn't acceptable. We should be better than that with the players we have.

No doubt we'll get knocked out the Champs Lg then have a strong spring to finish in the top 4. Again.

#firstworldproblems (before someone else says it!)

11 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I miss the days when Arsenal used to win 1-0. Sigh.

I was in the car so didn't watch the game, but got a pretty good idea listening to 5Live. Same old Arsenal sadly. I think it's probably too easy to only blame the manager, but we so rarely get points from these difficult away games that something's obviously not right. There's no shame in losing to a team like Chelsea, but to get out-played to that extent isn't acceptable. We should be better than that with the players we have.

No doubt we'll get knocked out the Champs Lg then have a strong spring to finish in the top 4. Again.

#firstworldproblems (before someone else says it!)

Same old Arsenal is right. Up against players like Kante, Costa they just crumble. Lose all 50/50s etc.

Weak. 10 years of this now. Chelsea are excellent to be fair.