Football 16-17

kaosmark2

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

@mungo57 - Ighalo - yay or nay? Word around the campfire is we're close to having a deal tied up for him. Good striker on a poor run, or one season wonder?

I wasn't aware he was rumoured to go (thought nobody wanted him) but having googled it I assume you are a West Bromwich fan?

Iggy is a great player when he wants to be I just think he is a bit wayward at the moment. Word amongst Watford fans is that he isn't enjoying things under Mazarri. His system favours 1 striker and only Amrabat seems capable of crossing the ball at the moment for us so lack of service is an issue. Iggys hold up play for us is second only to Deeney and the man is a natural finisher when he's on song.

Having said that if we could get at least £20m for him I'd be happy we could buy 2 players with that or it means Sinclair and Okaka if they keep fit could play more.

If you are indeed West Bromwich would be a good signing for you would fit your system to a tee. Pulls could def get the best out of him again.

Edited by mungo57

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, mungo57 said:

I wasn't aware he was rumoured to go (thought nobody wanted him) but having googled it I assume you are a West Bromwich fan?

Iggy is a great player when he wants to be I just think he is a bit wayward at the moment. Word amongst Watford fans is that he isn't enjoying things under Mazarri. His system favours 1 striker and only Amrabat seems capable of crossing the ball at the moment for us so lack of service is an issue. Iggys hold up play for us is second only to Deeney and the man is a natural finisher when he's on song.

Having said that if we could get at least £20m for him I'd be happy we could buy 2 players with that or it means Sinclair and Okaka if they keep fit could play more.

If you are indeed West Bromwich would be a good signing for you would fit your system to a tee. Pulls could def get the best out of him again.

I am indeed an Albion fan. £17m seems a lot for a striker who has only scored twice all season and I wonder if there's better out there for that money. That said TP wants him and I'm happy to trust his judgement on this one.

I'm just glad we've finally got shot of Sulky Saido. He's Stoke's problem now.

3 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

These early kick offs for TV really kill the atmosphere - Anfield is like a morgue. Reckon there'll be more noise down the road at Haydock this afternoon unless Liverpool score. 

That's just a normal famous anfield atmosphere isn't it?

Belt out you'll never walk alone, silence until they score, silence, then belt out you'll never walk alone in the 92ND minute.

Then the media tell you about the famous anfield atmosphere.

They wouldn't of for him much cheaper in the summer would they? Would of gone to a tribunal similar to ings. 

You would of thought a few more clubs would of been in for him to. So wins all round as baggies get rid with cash in pocket, stoke get a player who has massive potential and player gets new start.

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

£12m is nothing though. Were he to score 12 goals next season he's worth 2 or 3 times that. 

He's a bad egg. I can already tell you what will happen. He'll start next season on fire, score a few goals and everyone will be talking about him again. Then he'll start making noises about wanting to play for bigger teams, play in the Champions League. Next thing you know he's having a strop and tweeting about how he's been mistreated. A spell in the reserves and massive weight gain later and he's next to useless.

On the train back to London after a very successful afternoon at the Hawthorns. Three points (Sunderland are terrible, no way they're staying up) and 200 notes won on my accumulator.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

On the train back to London after a very successful afternoon at the Hawthorns. Three points (Sunderland are terrible, no way they're staying up) and 200 notes won on my accumulator.

Fair play, looked like you would have been a bit lonely again today 

45 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not at all, 24 and a half thousand (capacity is 26) so was fine. It's a misconception that attendances are down under Pulis.

A non tv league game played on a Saturday at 3 o'clock when tickets are £25 for adults and just a tenner for kids - all that plus you're 8th in the league yet there's empties all round the ground....

It's a fact that attendances are down this season on last season. If it's not Pulis what is it? 

9 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

A non tv league game played on a Saturday at 3 o'clock when tickets are £25 for adults and just a tenner for kids - all that plus you're 8th in the league yet there's empties all round the ground....

It's a fact that attendances are down this season on last season. If it's not Pulis what is it? 

I was there today, as I am most weeks. We never sell out, never have, but there weren't that many empty seats that I could see around the ground. We have a core fanbase of around 20,000 who go regularly plus whatever the away team brings (Sunderland had a decent turnout considering the shite the team produces). Pulis wasn't popular at all to begin with, all the way up until earlier this season, but the last few months have seen a real change in attitude. There's always going to be a few who are too stubborn to change but most Albion fans can now see what he's trying to do. We're not playing bad, typically Pulis football anymore. We're actually playing some decent stuff, especially at home.

There's a wider issue amongst Albion fans than just Pulis, we yoyo'd for years in the 00's but now we're in our seventh consecutive season, safely ensconced in mid-table with nothing to play for (we know Europe is a pipe dream). For a while now there's been a feeling of apathy amongst the fan base. This is realistically as good as it's going to get for us and yet people aren't that bothered. The Premier League sheen has well and truly worn off.