kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, thetime said:

On a sidenote have Liverpool struggled against the weaker sides in the league again?,like Neil says they've been very good against the top 5 teams. 

Saying that they are only 5 points of 6th, so is that there Achilles heal again?,

yep, about as inconsistent as last year - tho a better side and less toothless with Mane.... tho still pretty toothless in front of goal. despite the high scoring. 

54 minutes ago, thetime said:

On a sidenote have Liverpool struggled against the weaker sides in the league again?,like Neil says they've been very good against the top 5 teams. 

Saying that they are only 5 points of 6th, so is that there Achilles heal again?,

LFC's squad is tissue paper thin. 18 year olds basically getting their senior debut at Old Trafford etc.

Edited by Wooderson

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

LFC's squad is tissue paper thin. 18 year olds basically getting their senior debut at Old Trafford etc.

and putting a £60M player in his pocket, too. :P

In reality, TAA struggled a bit at times to contain him, tho did no worse than plenty of experienced and rated players might have done ... and made a superb long pass towards the end of the game.

Far from a bad debut in a massive match.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and putting a £60M player in his pocket, too. :P

In reality, TAA struggled a bit at times to contain him, tho did no worse than plenty of experienced and rated players might have done ... and made a superb long pass towards the end of the game.

Far from a bad debut in a massive match.

Given the contrasting "form" of both sides a draw was a decent enough result. Utd's draw at Anfield in the Autumn was described as a strategic triumph for Maureen.

For the record I thought his side was dirty and for the money the side cost, appalling to watch.

The United/ Liverpool game went as expected for me. Liverpool are a better team but United have a deeper squad.

The bigger story is the complete failure of Man City. They looked absolutely terrible. And if I was a City fan I'd be bored shitless. Even when they win its not entertaining.

Its looking like Spurs will be the biggest challengers to Chelsea now.

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

It's a Jose side, what you expect?

Not really his team yet though, or so we're led to believe. Load more money to be spent by your lot anyway. Saw more tactical nous from West Brom this season.

Edited by Wooderson

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

still can't see them finishing above both of Liverpool and Arsenal.

They seem to have sorted out their can't-score problems tho, which was holding them back earlier in the season.

I'm thinking the Europa could somewhat derail spurs, depending how serious that take it.

Although I agree that arsenal will finish above them, likelihood be out of Europe soon .

They would be my top 3.

4th is going to be interesting. Liverpool need to get lucky with injuries, united need to start beating the top sides on a regular basis.

Wouldn't bet against city going on a big run in the cl.

30 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

still can't see them finishing above both of Liverpool and Arsenal.

They seem to have sorted out their can't-score problems tho, which was holding them back earlier in the season.

On current form Spurs are the best team in the league. I wouldnt put it past them to inflict another hammering on city next weekend.

I obviously watch a lot of Arsenal but we are not playing well at the moment. Plus we still have the febuary/march blip to come. before a strong end to the season.

3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

A lot of Utd fans havent a clue. Moyes was Alec's chosen successor, LVG proven track record and needs more time, Maureen plays great ball. A mess.

Any side with Fellaini in it is no different to Stoke.

I remember you saying Liverpool would walk into the top 4 last season

1 minute ago, thetime said:

I remember you saying Liverpool would walk into the top 4 last season

Was wrong. As were most people tipping LFC for 7th this season.

(I'm pretty sure the Europa league run to the final changed priorities for LFC. They didnt give a fiddlers about the league come March/April.)

If anyones been watching, Utd have been playing decent ball. Very attacking. Far, far better than LVG. 

They didn't play particularly great yesterday but that was down to Liverpools pressing game which is very good in fairness. Impossible to get a rhythm going and Liverpool neutralised Carrick very well I thought which was key. Also Pogba had a shocker.

Thought Mourinho adapted quite well but it could've went either way in the end. Utd had a lot of ball in the last 3rd but Liverpool looked dangerous on the break. 

City vs Spurs at the weekend. Liverpool vs Chelsea the week after. Then Chelsea vs Arsenal. Big games coming thick and fast now. 

Edited by The Nal

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

If anyones been watching, Utd have been playing decent ball. Very attacking. Far, far better than LVG. 

They didn't play particularly great yesterday but that was down to Liverpools pressing game which is very good in fairness. Impossible to get a rhythm going and Liverpool neutralised Carrick very well I thought which was key. Also Pogba had a shocker.

Thought Mourinho adapted quite well but it could've went either way in the end. Utd had a lot of ball in the last 3rd but Liverpool looked dangerous on the break. 

City vs Spurs at the weekend. Liverpool vs Chelsea the week after. Then Chelsea vs Arsenal. Big games coming thick and fast now. 

8 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Most of us need to stand back and laugh at City. A hotmess. 4 nil to the Blues of all teams.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

Liverpool just suit playing against the top teams. United have been good recently (even when they were drawing a lot of games), they have certainly been better than City. Pep is having a shocker. Tried to change too many things and its now falling apart for them.