kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I know for individual sportsmen, they have to provide the anti-doping peeps with info of where they are at all times.

The wording of that suggests there's an obligation on club's to do similar (presumably for access to the players), and it looks like City didn't.

Quite what it means towards punishment I've no idea. In theory, from one angle, it might see both the club and all of their players banned from all footie ... tho that somehow seems unlikely.

3 hours ago, Wooderson said:

LFC missing our 4 best players. Look v vulnerable at the mo. Have been gash against West Ham and Stoke recently thus Utd to win.

toothless at the front - something they've been all season, despite the high scoring. They just don't get enough shots in, and when they get desperate the shots they do get in are from too far back.

They were missing the rhythm that hendo gives them again ... tho having said that, Lucas was awesome last night, he was absolutely everywhere. The best on the pitch by a long chalk.

oh, forgot to mention, I read something the other day which said that Milner is the 2nd-best left back in Europe this season - tho I don't know what criteria they've used for that, and I don't know who no.1 is.

Pretty impressive for an aging midfielder.

And i read something last night that pointed out he can only be a temporary fix in that role, and suggested Liverpool make another trip to Soton for one of their players - Bertrand. Based on him last night, that's a good shout.

BTW, anyone know why only Lovren was getting the bird from the soton fans last night? I'd have thought there were more than just him to have a dig at.

I was in the car last night so didn't get to watch the game but it sounds like I was lucky to have avoided it. It sounded like we played horrendously. Not in the best of form to be coming up against United but putting a positive spin on it - it could be the type of game to get our form going again.

Think we should have enough to overturn the 1-0 loss last night in the second leg but then I've supported Liverpool for long enough to know that nothing ever goes to plan with us so...

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I was in the car last night so didn't get to watch the game but it sounds like I was lucky to have avoided it. It sounded like we played horrendously. Not in the best of form to be coming up against United but putting a positive spin on it - it could be the type of game to get our form going again.

Think we should have enough to overturn the 1-0 loss last night in the second leg but then I've supported Liverpool for long enough to know that nothing ever goes to plan with us so...

nah, Liverpool weren't bad - tho not at their best - while soton were on their game. The main problem was Liverpool couldn't get close enough to the goal to get a shot in.

Good that Phil was back. I'm guessing Sturridge will be dropped for Origi on Sunday, and Phil will be slotted in somehow, tho I'm not sure who'll miss out ... it'll be a shame if it's Lucas cos he was fantastic last night (and I'm not usually a fan of his).

Payet refusing to train or play for West Ham. Signed a contract extension until 2021 on 125k a week only 11 months ago. Poor.

nah. Some of the games before/around xmas were as bad.

I haven't seen them play that badly since the Hodge. Southampton will be gutted they didn't finish it last last. 2-3 sitters they fucked up. 

Edited by The Nal

I am a fan of Can and Lucas but the 2 of them together doesn't work in my opinion. Henderson is such a big miss, yet twitter will still use him as a scapegoat when we don't win every match 10-0. He is becoming more and more important to us. Haven't heard much - is he meant to be back for United?

As for Payet, he must have been tapped up by someone like Bilic suggested? Weren't PSG sniffing around him in the summer? Wouldn't be surprised if it was them. He was amazing last season but hasn't really done it this year. One brilliant season and think's he's Messi. West Ham would be better off without, nobody is bigger than the club. 

18 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Disagree with that entirely. there may have been individual errors or defensive lapses but last night Saints should have won easily

oh, I agree - and that's what they did anyway - but it was less of Liverpool being bad* and more about Soton being on their game.

(* they weren't at their best, but they weren't awful either)

There were a few long periods were Liverpool utterly dominated. For example, I looked at the BBC stats at about half an hour, and that said Liverpool had had 72% possession.

Apart from Liverpool being toothless up front, there wasn't really anything about their performance you could point at and say was bad. It was just that soton were (at many points in the game) better.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

As for Payet, he must have been tapped up by someone like Bilic suggested? Weren't PSG sniffing around him in the summer? Wouldn't be surprised if it was them. He was amazing last season but hasn't really done it this year. One brilliant season and think's he's Messi. West Ham would be better off without, nobody is bigger than the club. 

Yep, being at the city game last friday the fans had cottoned on to this story already. When he came on, there were various comments about how he looked like he had put a few pounds on and he didnt look to pass the ball even once I dont think (I realise he was a bit like this anyway). For all there faults West Ham fans arent stupid when it comes to these sorts of things, I can see him going in this window - there will be no point in him playing again and it feels like Bilic has come out with this now just to inform clubs that they will accept offers.

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

oh, I agree - and that's what they did anyway - but it was less of Liverpool being bad* and more about Soton being on their game.

(* they weren't at their best, but they weren't awful either)

There were a few long periods were Liverpool utterly dominated. For example, I looked at the BBC stats at about half an hour, and that said Liverpool had had 72% possession.

Apart from Liverpool being toothless up front, there wasn't really anything about their performance you could point at and say was bad. It was just that soton were (at many points in the game) better.

They were doing nothing with the ball though. Southampton should've scored 3 or 4. Liverpool looked like a mid table side at best until Countinho came on. It was a dreadful game of football. 

Worrying for Sunday though. Klopp will look for a reaction. 

19 minutes ago, The Nal said:

They were doing nothing with the ball though. Southampton should've scored 3 or 4. Liverpool looked like a mid table side at best until Countinho came on. It was a dreadful game of football. 

Worrying for Sunday though. Klopp will look for a reaction. 

A mid table side never dominates a game against another mid-table side in the way L'pool did last night for periods. I guess I watched a different game. :P

Soton had three great chances and slotted one home. I don't see how you get them "should have scored 3 or 4".

They were deserved winners, but it was a long long way from how you're describing it.

With Liverpool isn't it just after the usual 13/14 players the squad is very light?

With there high pressing game it's all good one game a week, when it comes down to more games they struggle with there game and rotating.

For example there league form suffered on there Europa run last season. I think once Jan is out the way and mane is back Liverpool will be back on it.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

oh, forgot to mention, I read something the other day which said that Milner is the 2nd-best left back in Europe this season - tho I don't know what criteria they've used for that, and I don't know who no.1 is.

He has had a good season, but I am always wary about these "best in europe", "best in world" type statements and often when you dig deeper that person only watches one domestic league. I remember how Beckham used to be the best free kick taker in the world, the best corner taker in the world and had the best right foot in the world.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

A mid table side never dominates a game against another mid-table side in the way L'pool did last night for periods. I guess I watched a different game. :P

Soton had three great chances and slotted one home. I don't see how you get them "should have scored 3 or 4".

They were deserved winners, but it was a long long way from how you're describing it.

The had the goal, the one that hit the bar, the one one one with the keeper where he should've squared it but hit the side netting, the point blank save from Karius in the first half, he made another aswell. Even Klopp said they should've lost 3 nil. 

9 minutes ago, thetime said:

With Liverpool isn't it just after the usual 13/14 players the squad is very light?

Seems to be what most fans are giving out about yeah. Owners not spending the cash.

He has had a good season, but I am always wary about these "best in europe", "best in world" type statements and often when you dig deeper that person only watches one domestic league. I remember how Beckham used to be the best free kick taker in the world, the best corner taker in the world and had the best right foot in the world.

Roberto Carlos was the best free kick taker in the world despite only scoring 4 in his whole career. 

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

I remember how Beckham used to be the best free kick taker in the world, the best corner taker in the world and had the best right foot in the world.

All of that was arguably true. The problem was he had no pace or dribbling ability, couldn't head the ball, could do nothing with his left foot other than stand on it, and almost never scored from open play. 

19 minutes ago, thetime said:

With there high pressing game it's all good one game a week, when it comes down to more games they struggle with there game and rotating.

For example there league form suffered on there Europa run last season. I think once Jan is out the way and mane is back Liverpool will be back on it.

Yep thats my view on things. Wont be long until they are back to 1 game a week and simply overrunning teams like they were earlier in the season.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

The squad's thin, yup ... tho klopp has £40M to spend this window, apparently.

I don't reckon they'll be back to full bounce until hendo's fit again. He's the player who makes them tick.