kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

You do realise no fucker wants them on the wages they are on? they are quite happy to sit on there contracts.

As I have said many times before, united's transfer policy is awful and fortunes won't change until that changes.

Yeah look at Harry Kane at Spurs - has just signed a contract for 80k a week, at United he could have demanded 150k+ a week and known he'd get it. I realise that will mean Spurs might struggle to hang on to certain players in the future (Most likely Loris) because of their wage structure but I think it establishes a better culture around the club and allows them to offload players easier that haven't performed. 

Until Football introduces a salary cap along the lines of the NFL you will always have clubs like United who have more money than sense. (I realise there is no chance of a salary cap ever being introduced)

Just now, thetime said:

To be fair Rojo has been just about OK, there also hasn't been many other options with injuries.

Look at what Conte has done with chelsea with a third of the spend of Jose

He had a full preseason with those players and kept them. He has no excuse for playing fellani over schnederlin for example

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

To be fair Rojo has been just about OK, there also hasn't been many other options with injuries.

I'd have agreed with this until that tackle yesterday - how he didnt go for that is beyond me. If the Everton lad had stayed down and made a meal of it he'd have gone for sure. Another reason why the reffing in the league promotes decieving behaviour from the players (that Alli penalty was a joke)

Edited by mjsell

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

Yeah look at Harry Kane at Spurs - has just signed a contract for 80k a week, at United he could have demanded 150k+ a week and known he'd get it. I realise that will mean Spurs might struggle to hang on to certain players in the future (Most likely Loris) because of their wage structure but I think it establishes a better culture around the club and allows them to offload players easier that haven't performed. 

Until Football introduces a salary cap along the lines of the NFL you will always have clubs like United who have more money than sense. (I realise there is no chance of a salary cap ever being introduced)

I don't have a problem with players getting whatever they want, it's over bloated players who don't justify the salaries.

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Look at what Conte has done with chelsea with a third of the spend of Jose

He had a full preseason with those players and kept them. He has no excuse for playing fellani over schnederlin for example

Bit different don't you think? they were title winners in 2015, they just did the same as Utd did with moyes.

The money spent isn't an issue, it's United's total failure in the market that's the issue. doesn't concern me if pogba was 150m or 5m, it's if it works out is all I'm bothered about.

Edited by thetime

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Bit different don't you think? they were title winners in 2015, they just did the same as Utd did with moyes.

The money spent isn't an issue, it's United's total failure in the market that's the issue. doesn't concern me if pogba was 150m or 5m, it's if it works out is all I'm bothered about.

Ha, they were definitely not title winners in 2015/16...

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and Moaniho will replace them with players no better on at least double that. :lol:

No problem with that as long as they can play! Happy with Zlatan, Bailly, Pogba and Mkhitaryan so far.

Heres Fellainis highlight reel from yesterday.

Edited by The Nal

27 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No problem with that as long as they can play! Happy with Zlatan, Bailly, Pogba and Mkhitaryan so far.

I'd only be happy with Bailly if I were a United supporter.

Zlatan has done okay but still feel like he slows the play too much (although I do think he has been a bit better at quicker touches and layoffs recently). And he isnt a long term solution (which ironically there is two of them already at the club, that cant get games in their right positions because of him). Mikhitaryan has looked good in the last two weeks but 2 premier league starts cant be considered a success yet. And I'm sticking with my opinion of Pogba being horribly overrated.

Edited by mjsell

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I'd only be happy with Bailly if I were a United supporter.

Zlatan has done okay but still feel like he slows the play too much (although I do think he has been a bit better at quicker touches and layoffs recently). And he isnt a long term solution (which ironically there is two of them already at the club, that cant get games in their right positions because of him). Mikhitaryan has looked good in the last two weeks but 2 premier league starts cant be considered a success yet. And I'm sticking with my opinion of Pogba being horribly overrated.

Bailly looks great yeah. Mick can play ball clearly. Zlatan has scored 8 in 13. Pogba is still raw and headless but theres no denying theres superb talent there.

Wasn't too impressed with United's performance yesterday at all, to be honest. Thought they looked incredibly beatable, which is why it was so disappointing to only get a draw. Saying that, we only started playing well after about 75 minutes. Why Everton can't put together a full 90 minutes worth of a decent performance is beyond me. 

Teams really need to revisit 2 up top imo. Everton looked a much better team when Valencia came on, Sunderland look a changed team now with Anichebe and Defoe causing trouble. What with the new Conte wing back 'revelation' I think the days of 4-5-1 are hopefully on the way out. So many strikers that in previous generations would have been brilliant have been wasted by being stuck out on the wing due to the fact they cant play up top by themselves. If players like Owen, Wright, Cole, Keane were trying to break through now I don't think they would have half the goalscoring records they did in their prime. 

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Teams really need to revisit 2 up top imo. Everton looked a much better team when Valencia came on, Sunderland look a changed team now with Anichebe and Defoe causing trouble. What with the new Conte wing back 'revelation' I think the days of 4-5-1 are hopefully on the way out. So many strikers that in previous generations would have been brilliant have been wasted by being stuck out on the wing due to the fact they cant play up top by themselves. If players like Owen, Wright, Cole, Keane were trying to break through now I don't think they would have half the goalscoring records they did in their prime. 

2 defensive midfielders is what's ruining football for me, it's why Liverpool are such a breath of fresh air.

15 minutes ago, thetime said:

2 defensive midfielders is what's ruining football for me, it's why Liverpool are such a breath of fresh air.

Oh you mean a double pivot...

What I hate more than two defensive midfielders is the way 'pundits' explain them.

I don't actually have a problem with 2 defensive midfielders as long as it allows full backs/ wing backs complete license to get forward as well as all other midfielders freedom to do their thing.

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

18 goals conceded in 14 games though. The flipside is that they've scored 35! Can a team win the league conceding that many however?

I'm talking about entertaining, not winning titles.

Liverpool won't win the title, between them and spurs for that last 4th place.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

True that. But I'm sure if you asked a Liverpool fan would they rather play less entertaining ball and win the league they'd say yes. 

The age old question at every level. Would you rather play more enjoyable football and underacheive or boring football and overachieve. Imo the best managers in the world are those that can do both, which is why  of current managers Jurgen Klopp is my man-crush. And playing attractive football doesn't necessarily mean conceding goals. 

I do still genuinely believe Liverpool can win the league. Games like yesterday are going to happen but their potentially destructive play in the big games means they are a real threat.

I think yesterdays game showed the importance of Joel Matip. I read that in 11 games with him, we've conceded 9 goals and not lost. In the 3 games without him we've lost 2, drawn 1 and conceded 9 goals.

You cannot be 2-0 and 3-1 up against a team like Bournemouth (not to be disrespectful to them, of course) and not come away with anything. Ridiculous.

I was in such a disgusting mood yesterday as a result of the football. It's the most Liverpool thing we've done in a while. I'd almost forgotten how hilariously shit we can be at defending.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

He played shite football, spent £250m and finished 5th. In a poor league.

And he had Phil Jones taking the corners at one stage.

Speaking of Phil Jones, he's return has sort of gone under the radar recently - I think he has been brilliant.