Football 16-17

kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just spent a long weekend in Germany. I'd forgotten how much fun standing on an open terrace for 2 hours could be in the pissing rain....Won't be hurrying back to Darmstadt !

On the other hand, getting taken to this place (http://fuechschen.de/WordPress_01/?lang=en) after meeting a group of lads on the terrace at Fortuna was a great experience. 

Finally, Schalke's ground from the outside is just like a lot of shit modern grounds. However, inside is about as good as you're ever going to get a modern stadium to be. Big capacity, seats close to the pitch, and a large terrace that makes a very good racket. 

3 games, 3 terrraces, 11 goals, and lots of steins. 

Oh, and a 94 minute winner from Winnie. Not a bad weekend 

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

whilst i would normally be reluctant to believe the Sun, Curtis has got good contacts at Utd and is a Jose fan/surrogate

http://www.football365.com/news/mourinho-tells-rooney-he-can-leave-united-report

Admittedly I never noticed the source of the story, neither author nor paper.

Had thought Maureen would use Rooney for some blood letting ages ago.

Rooney hasn't played well for a few years. Doesn't seem to like being dropped. Asked to leave a couple of times in the past when he was dropped. Even in Fergies last title winning season. Mourinho is after a captain and its not Rooney. Sure hes been there a while but he was never a contender for captain under Fergie. Or even Moyes. They knew him too well. 

But Mourinho can't strip him of the captaincy can he? Without letting him go?

3 games, 3 terrraces, 11 goals, and lots of steins. 

Did any players stand out seeing them live?

Edited by The Nal

13 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Did any players stand out seeing them live?

A young winger/forward by the name of Bebou was the standout for Düsseldorf. He was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch although it was the 2nd division. 

Darmstadt v Wolfsburg - both teams looked short on confidence and no one stood out in a positive sense. Draxler tried but nothing came off and although Gomez  scored his first goal for Wolfsburg he looked a shadow of his former self. 

Oddly Bentalab was good for Schalke. 

I'll be keeping an eye on Bebou's development 

11 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Remember when Neil was claiming mignolet was one of the best keepers in the prem?

and the new matey at Liverpool is showing - or even De Gea with that first goal on Sunday - there's not really that much stiff competition.

(I'll make clear to avoid the inevitable argument that I think DdG a better goalie - but not necessarily that much better. That mistake on Sunday wasn't too likely to be a Mignolet mistake, for example).

Just now, Wooderson said:

Pisspot it may be, yet a loss tonight looks woeful for Jose.

Yep ... and is it a surprise to see the stories this morning, about how it's Manchester's fault that Utd aren't performing well?

He's getting his excuses in early for toinight's loss, and getting his defence in early for the shitstorm that's about to kick off about his skills as manager.

When you look at the fixture list and the way it fell for Jose I've zero fucking time for his bullshite about his "life in Manchester". Hopefully another significant indication that the spoofer has met his match in steadying things at Old Trafford.

Just now, pink_triangle said:

If he hates being trapped in a hotel, does his salary not stretch to being able to rent a nice house somewhere?

No, cos it's Manchester's fault for not being based in London where he lives. The poor guy, he hadn't realised it was outside of London. :P

As I suggested above, the timing of this 'sympathy' story - a story the Moan will have driven - suggests to me it's about covering his arse for the poor play.

10 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

If he hates being trapped in a hotel, does his salary not stretch to being able to rent a nice house somewhere?

Very very weird. Hes been living in a hotel room for 6 months. He could afford a mansion in Cheshire of course. Or an apartment like he said in the interview. Miserable existence. 

Interview here. Sort of worrying when hes saying he might not buy a place to live. Understandable that his family have to stay in London. 

Edited by The Nal

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Very very weird. Hes been living in a hotel room for 6 months. He could afford a mansion in Cheshire of course. Or an apartment like he said in the interview. Miserable existence. 

Interview here. Sort of worrying when hes saying he might not buy a place to live. Understandable that his family have to stay in London. 

it's not weird at all. It's a sympathy story that he's planted.

Feel sorry for him, and don't notice that the team is crap. ;)