kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that was the bus - a full double-decker - well and truly parked.

Did Utd even have a shot? I know Liverpool didn't have many, tho at least they were trying to attack.

1 or 2 I think but nothing worth writing home about.

I was right about Mourinho parking the bus then. I didn't watch the game as I was busy on the playstation ironically playing FIFA at the time but from what I read this morning the game was a bit of a snoozefest.

20 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

1 or 2 I think but nothing worth writing home about.

I was right about Mourinho parking the bus then. I didn't watch the game as I was busy on the playstation ironically playing FIFA at the time but from what I read this morning the game was a bit of a snoozefest.

It was a shite game yeah. Certainly some bus parking in the 2nd half but Utd were the better team for the first 40 mins. Game was played in Liverpools half and Utd were the only team looking like scoring. SAme for Liverpool in the 2nd half. 

Both neutralised each other but its 1 game. Sky built it up like the World Cup final.

Mourinho back to Chelsea on Sunday!

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

It was a shite game yeah. Certainly some bus parking in the 2nd half but Utd were the better team for the first 40 mins. Game was played in Liverpools half and Utd were the only team looking like scoring. SAme for Liverpool in the 2nd half. 

Both neutralised each other but its 1 game. Sky built it up like the World Cup final.

'Better' is stretching it. Utd were further up the pitch in the first half, but they didn't have a clue for what to do when they were there.

If that counts as a success to Utd, the ambition they have for success is very low.

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

That I can believe. Sky have a habit of that. I can't remember the last time I saw a Monday night game that was worth watching, they usually turn to shit. 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

'Better' is stretching it. Utd were further up the pitch in the first half, but they didn't have a clue for what to do when they were there.

If that counts as a success to Utd, the ambition they have for success is very low.

I saw Zlatan's header back to noone this morning on the news, he could clearly see noone was in the box and tried to head it back anyway. Zlatan last year would've bicycle kicked that into the net and reeled away doing cartwheels.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Yeah link up play in the last 3rd is very poor. Pogba! 

Only 8 games in. Work in progress. 

10 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I saw Zlatan's header back to noone this morning on the news, he could clearly see noone was in the box and tried to head it back anyway. Zlatan last year would've bicycle kicked that into the net and reeled away doing cartwheels.

Its all he had all game. Didn't receive one decent pass. I think he was trying to score back post but just fucked it up to be honest. 

Edited by The Nal

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah link up play in the last 3rd is very poor. Pogba! 

Only 8 games in. Work in progress. 

Its all he had all game. Didn't receive one decent pass. I think he was trying to score back post but just fucked it up to be honest. 

Could have, but it seemed to me like he tried to square it.

Either way it was rather funny :P

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nope, that's the Moaniho finished article. We all know it is, that's what he does.

You're forgiving him only because it's your team.

Nah I'm not. I'm "forgiving him" because hes only been there for a couple of months. I did the same with Moyes. And LVG to a point. Modern footie fans seem to think miracles can happen overnight. I don't and you know better too. Its still mid October in his first season. 

His teams are capable of scoring plenty of goals and being very attack minded. 73 goals in 14/15, 71 in 13/14, 103 with Real in 12/13, 121 goals in 11/12, 102 in 10/11, 75 with Inter in 09/10 etc.

This is defending him. These are just facts.

However, yeah, of course he can be very very conservative. Especially away from home in games he thinks he could lose. Hence the dreadful 2nd half last night.

Edited by The Nal

I've got to say, games like last night make me very glad I've got an xbox. Dreadful match.

Remember when Man Utd used to attack teams with pace, and try and score goals? Sir Alex would be spinning in his grave (if he was dead, and not cremated).

Liverpool didn't really help themselves either though, and playing Sturridge and (especially) Can was a strange decision. Surely Lallana has to start?

Edited by big__phil

4 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I've got to say, games like last night make me very glad I've got xbox. Dreadful match.

Remember when Man Utd used to attack teams with pace, and try and score goals? Sir Alex would be spinning in his grave (if he was dead, and not cremated).

Liverpool didn't really help themselves either though, and playing Sturridge and (especially) Can was a strange decision. Surely Lallana has to start?

Were much better with him on yeah. Sturridge literally needs the ball played within an inch of his left foot, facing the goal or hes fairly useless. 

6 minutes ago, big__phil said:

normal matey is injured. It wasn't thru choice that Can was played.

He was far too sluggish in the first half, but to be fair to him he improved a fair bit for the 2nd.

If we go to Anfield on Saturday evening and put in the exact same performance United did last night and come away with a 0-0 I guarantee the media would be lambasting Pulis as a dinosaur and lamenting his "anti-football".

According to Gary Neville (who 99% of the time I like) it was a tactical masterclass from Jose last night.

51 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Nah I'm not. I'm "forgiving him" because hes only been there for a couple of months. I did the same with Moyes. And LVG to a point. Modern footie fans seem to think miracles can happen overnight. I don't and you know better too. Its still mid October in his first season. 

His teams are capable of scoring plenty of goals and being very attack minded. 73 goals in 14/15, 71 in 13/14, 103 with Real in 12/13, 121 goals in 11/12, 102 in 10/11, 75 with Inter in 09/10 etc.

This is defending him. These are just facts.

However, yeah, of course he can be very very conservative. Especially away from home in games he thinks he could lose. Hence the dreadful 2nd half last night.

You do keep harping back to what he did years ago.

Let it sink in that we went to liverpool and just literally shut the door. It was depressing to watch and it will be the same on Sunday. 

The argument is that Liverpool were in form, ffs it's Liverpool and not Barcelona. So is he going to do this when a team that is in form?

Fans crucified van Gaal for his style of play and fans were saying style of play is more important than wins. 

Well that is total poppy cock.

United parked the bus the whole game. It was just parked on the half way line in the first half and edge of the box in the second.

I completely respect why United played like that, as liverpool have shown this season they are very adept at taking teams apart when allowed a tiny bit of space. But I do find it funny that the performance is being praise in a lot of the media. And if they had had a tiny bit more ambition they could very easily have won that game fairly comfortably in my opinion - Liverpool seriously missed Wiji and Lallana - Sturridge really is piss poor.

16 minutes ago, thetime said:

You do keep harping back to what he did years ago.

Let it sink in that we went to liverpool and just literally shut the door. It was depressing to watch and it will be the same on Sunday. 

The argument is that Liverpool were in form, ffs it's Liverpool and not Barcelona. So is he going to do this when a team that is in form?

Fans crucified van Gaal for his style of play and fans were saying style of play is more important than wins. 

Well that is total poppy cock.

Its not years ago like 15-20 years. Its the last 4-5 years he was employed. Barring the shitstorm at Chelsea obviously. His teams do score goals. They do attack.

Perfectly willing to give him at least 18 months. Expecting open, expansive attacking football from Mourinho it mental this soon. As it was with LVG, and the Moyesiah. He'll put a backbone in place first and build from there. I hope.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Its not years ago like 15-20 years. Its the last 4-5 years he was employed. Barring the shitstorm at Chelsea obviously. His teams do score goals. They do attack.

Perfectly willing to give him at least 18 months. Expecting open, expansive attacking football from Mourinho it mental this soon. As it was with LVG, and the Moyesiah. He'll put a backbone in place first and build from there. I hope.

He's not building to be a force in 18 months, he's building for now. Like he's always done and will always do.

Nothing will change at utd until they start and actually build a team, rather than buying players for marketing and hope for the best. For example pogba, miki, blind, herrera, mata and the list could go on and on.

44 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

According to Gary Neville (who 99% of the time I like) it was a tactical masterclass from Jose last night.

That's utter bollocks from G Nev. It would have been a tactical masterclass if Utd had scored and won the game, but they didn't look to do that. Ancelotti winning 4-0 in Munich? That's an away masterclass.

Don't pay too much attention to pundits. Giggs apparently said it was a 'war of nutrition'. Jesus wept.

Pogba really does look like a dud. If him and Fellaini are picked in the same team then you know it ain`t going to be pretty.

Thought Fellaini played ok last night in what was a dreadful game to watch. Crazy the money they paid for Pogba imo.

Anywayz, bring on the Champs league. Hopefully 3 in a row for Leicester tonight :)

15 minutes ago, mjsell said:

United parked the bus the whole game. It was just parked on the half way line in the first half and edge of the box in the second.

I completely respect why United played like that, as liverpool have shown this season they are very adept at taking teams apart when allowed a tiny bit of space. But I do find it funny that the performance is being praise in a lot of the media. And if they had had a tiny bit more ambition they could very easily have won that game fairly comfortably in my opinion - Liverpool seriously missed Wiji and Lallana - Sturridge really is piss poor.

while the team is better without out sturridge and with lallana, I reckon much of lallana's impact last night had more to do with Utd being fucked by that point. Gaps had been starting to open up in the minutes before he came on, and because liverpool hadn't been playing at full pelt they had more left.

Just now, eFestivals said:

while the team is better without out sturridge and with lallana, I reckon much of lallana's impact last night had more to do with Utd being fucked by that point. Gaps had been starting to open up in the minutes before he came on, and because liverpool hadn't been playing at full pelt they had more left.

I didnt even mention anything about Lallana coming on. I agree that Liverpool were going to be in the ascendancy whether he came on or not - he's just a better player than Sturridge for Liverpool no matter what point in the game it is. Sturridge cant hold the ball up, cant help with a pressing game, and has very limited movement. He is not a good enough player for Liverpool or England.