kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

The stupid greedy bastard. His dream job and he fucked it up because he could not help himself.

Roberto Mancini is the stand out candidate for me. Eddie Howe is the only Englishman worthy of the job. The likes of Steve Bruce should not be anywhere near the England job.

This was my thinking. Also wondering if it was just a fishing trip by the journos or if they had solid info that he was certain to bite. Plenty more to come out I`d guess hence he`s packed it ?

Incredibly daft after the previous allegations of bungs etc.

Anywayz, will this improve my chances of a ticket in November ? Still looking guys :D

1 hour ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

This was my thinking. Also wondering if it was just a fishing trip by the journos or if they had solid info that he was certain to bite. Plenty more to come out I`d guess hence he`s packed it ?

Well based on his bung-taking at Bolton him biting isn't a surprise. There probably was a record though.

13 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Gone. Southgate in charge for the next 4 games.

And you thought it couldn't get worse. :P

To be fair, Southgate has done pretty well recently, winning the Toulon Tournament with a team that's hardly full of wonderkids. I wouldn't give him the full time job though, although I'm struggling to think of any stand-out candidates at the moment. Sadly for Howe, I think the job might do him more harm than good at this stage of his career.

Anyway, back to the actual football. Leicester playing in the Champions League and beating Porto is surely the definition of living the dream. I think they might have found a decent player in that new st-st-st-striker of theirs.

7 minutes ago, big__phil said:

To be fair, Southgate has done pretty well recently, winning the Toulon Tournament with a team that's hardly full of wonderkids. I wouldn't give him the full time job though, although I'm struggling to think of any stand-out candidates at the moment. Sadly for Howe, I think the job might do him more harm than good at this stage of his career.

Anyway, back to the actual football. Leicester playing in the Champions League and beating Porto is surely the definition of living the dream. I think they might have found a decent player in that new st-st-st-striker of theirs.

I'm thinking it'#s going to be Bruce - as long as he's not one of the managers who's been named via the undercover stuff, anyway. He was in the frame with Big Sham, and he's currently unemployed.

Seems a bit of a no-brainer to me.

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm thinking it'#s going to be Bruce - as long as he's not one of the managers who's been named via the undercover stuff, anyway. He was in the frame with Big Sham, and he's currently unemployed.

Yeah I think you're right. If it were any later in the season the FA might have asked Wenger (again) to take over at the end of his Arsenal contract (end of this season), but that seems too long to wait really. Coral has:

Southgate 6/4

Bruce 9/4

Hoddle 5/1

Howe 6/1

Pardew 7/1

G Nev 12/1

Klinsmann 12/1

Wenger 14/1

Ranieri, Benitez, Hiddink, Mancini, Rogers all bigger than that.

Kilinsmann is an interesting one, who the press already seem to like (which is half the battle), and a decent international record.

He's guilty of nothing more than being an egotistical prick and enjoying the power trip of being involved in dodgy deals, which we all knew anyway. I can believe his story that he attended the meeting to help grease the wheels for his mate to get a deal/job, and seems like his ego took over and he enjoyed impressing the 'businessmen' with his stories. I don't think there's any evidence that he was going to take them up on this offer (he said more than once that he'd have to run it by the powers that be, so sounds like he was already giving himself an out) but instead that he was keeping them hooked so his mate could pick up any crumbs that fell from the table, but the subject matter he covered as well as the personal comments made his position untenable. I hate the prick but have to admit he's been tucked up good and proper, although his stupidity made it easy.

The worst thing about this is that we have to revisit the painful discussion of three months ago but now with one fewer underqualified English manger for people to bang their drum about.

Be interesting to see what Southgate does, he hasn't impressed with the U-21s and he didn't want the job last time it was available. I fear that he'll just keep the status quo and not be interested in making any important decisions or changes, which means the next poor sod will pick up the Rooney issue. I think Bruce was the only other candidate seriously interviewed/considered last time so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him, which is a depressing thought. Wishful thinking that this might encourage the FA to look abroad again, although isn't the head of the FA different now from when Allardyce was appointed?

With Southgate given four games at least they don't have to rush into employing someone like Bruce or Pardew and can take some time to really consider what they're looking for. Bilic or Martinez might be free by then, either would be a hoot.

Edited by mrtourette

40 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Wouldn't they just do that straight away? Rather than giving Southgate 4 games.