Football 16-17

kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a bit early to write Utd and Moany off?

Lost 2-1 to Citeh, who look the dogs. So not a crisis 

Lost in the Europa League, a comp they could care less about. So not a crisis

Lost to Watford...........OK this is a "big one". But still. I reckon its a tad early for the gloating and knives. Last thing anyone wants is a bunch of Utd fans and Jose pointing out that ya have egg on your face

4 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Lost to Watford...........OK this is a "big one". But still. I reckon its a tad early for the gloating and knives. Last thing anyone wants is a bunch of Utd fans and Jose pointing out that ya have egg on your face

Im only winding people up. They did look abysmal yesterday however. With Fellaini and Rooney in midfield what are you going to expect.

10 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Im only winding people up. They did look abysmal yesterday however. With Fellaini and Rooney in midfield what are you going to expect.

Ah they were God awful yesterday, and it did make me smile for sure.

Moany needs to grow a pair and drop Wooney, however. Trying to plug him in somewhere is obviously hurting them. Its the decision that needs to be made and it could make or break his tenure 

Is Jose not above the commercial pressures of having Shrek playing? I would have thought he was, but may not be these days.

Edited by ThomThomDrum

16 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Moany doesn't have that record of success any more, and while I'm not writing him off I'm also not jumping on the special one bandwagon.

Pep has changed City but Moaniho hasn't done anything yet with Utd, yet they've both had the same time to work their magic.

Who knows if Moaniho will keep up with his failure...? Not me.

Tho i'm going to enjoy it for all the while it's happening. :)

And if it last all season, so much the better. When's the Liverpool/Utd fixture? :D

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Moany doesn't have that record of success any more, and while I'm not writing him off I'm also not jumping on the special one bandwagon.

Pep has changed City but Moaniho hasn't done anything yet with Utd, yet they've both had the same time to work their magic.

Who knows if Moaniho will keep up with his failure...? Not me.

Tho i'm going to enjoy it for all the while it's happening. :)

And if it last all season, so much the better. When's the Liverpool/Utd fixture? :D

3 weeks i think. At anfield!

35 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I get why people are slating Rooney, what with his ridiculous salary and apparant untouchable status, but isnt the bigger issue the fact that Fellaini has played in pretty much every game.

I dont know how he is still in the squad let alone first name on a team sheet.

Just now, eFestivals said:

because the only half-decent alternative with the German sidelined by The Moan is Carrick?

Schneiderlin? Blind in midfield?

It does makes a joke of the Schweinsteiger situation. Not that I'm complaining. I just can't get my head around Fellaini being a first choice player.

I absolutely love seeing Moaniho unhappy. Long may it continue. Even after spending all that money, he still doesn't really have a proper system that works. Rooney wouldn't get into any other side that's going for the title/top 4 this year, and should be dropped. Somebody needs to tell him that 60 yard sideways passes might look good, but they don't really achieve anything. All whilst Mkhitaryan can't get a game? Hilarious.

City look really good at the moment, and Sterling is probably playing as well as he ever has. De Bryne though...what a player. Might have to lob a few quid on him winning player of the year.

46 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Not just having sold him, but having declared he doesn't have the mentality and attitude for the Prem.

Not that I'd ever want to defend him but it's entirely possible that Mourinho was correct, at the time he made the call. Wouldn't be the first player that had their attitude questioned in their early 20s but then matured into a very professional player. 

28 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Not that I'd ever want to defend him but it's entirely possible that Mourinho was correct, at the time he made the call. Wouldn't be the first player that had their attitude questioned in their early 20s but then matured into a very professional player. 

I get your point, but he played very well in Germany both before and after his dodgy 6 months at Chelsea as well as his current spectacular form.

21 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I get your point, but he played very well in Germany both before and after his dodgy 6 months at Chelsea as well as his current spectacular form.

For sure, on the information available, I don't believe what I pondered actually was the case - but it's still plausible. 

Has De Bruyne himself ever commented on it? 

16 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

For sure, on the information available, I don't believe what I pondered actually was the case - but it's still plausible. 

Has De Bruyne himself ever commented on it? 

A couple of times, he says Mourinho only spoke to him twice during his time at Chelsea, and that he showed him stats saying his performances weren't comparable to other AMs, and when De Bruyne pointed out he hadn't had as much time to generate it and Mourinho just ignored him. Have a google.

I think United need to play (and I said this as soon as they signed Pogba) a 3 man midfield of Carrick/Blind, Schneiderlin and Pogba, with Pogba having total freedom to roam the pitch and do his thing. Then Mkhitaryan/Mata at RW and Martial/Rashford at LW and obviously Ibra up front.

Having Rooney in midfield as well is just stifling Pogba's play. He needs to be the most advanced midfielder, as evidenced by his not-so-great showings in a 2 man midfield in the Euros.