Football 16-17

kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although I'm not a fan of Friday Night Football™ (good luck to the Liverpool fans trying to get home late tonight after all the trains stop running) the game at Stanford Bridge looks pretty tasty tonight. Fancy Liverpool to score at least one, and you'd have to back Costa to score as well with the way he's playing.

24 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Although I'm not a fan of Friday Night Football™ (good luck to the Liverpool fans trying to get home late tonight after all the trains stop running) the game at Stanford Bridge looks pretty tasty tonight. Fancy Liverpool to score at least one, and you'd have to back Costa to score as well with the way he's playing.

I'm much more of a fan of Friday night football than Monday night football.

I fancy Liverpool tonight. I think they are a team suited against the bigger teams - but will struggle for consistency against teams that defend deep and hit on the counter.

35 minutes ago, big__phil said:

yeah, looking forwards to it.

from last night, Moaniho is fast becoming my favourite Man Utd manager. Let's hope he can be more popular than Moyes. :P

13 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I'm much more of a fan of Friday night football than Monday night football.

Absolutely. At least fans can make a weekend of it somewhere and just leave work early on Friday, instead of having to take 2 days off.

That said, I probably watch more Monday games on TV than I do Friday, less likely to be doing something else.

I love having a live Premiership match to watch on a Friday night. I wasn't a fan of the studio stuff before the first one a few weeks ago though. I prefer the serious analysis like on Monday Night Football, rather than going live to get an interview with pissed people in a pub.

Really looking foward to the match tomorrow. It's gonna be another sell out. Such a feel good factor around our club, which is absolutely mental when you think about it. Everyone is 100% behind the manager and players.

10 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Well that was nice! :) 

10 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

They will probably loose at home to Hull next week now :lol: 

Both. :lol:

Still, ten points from games again Chelsea, Leicester, Spurs and Arsenal shows what they're capable of, and the defence is improving too.

I think their failing is likely to be around loads of great play but very little shooting product, which will cost them against the teams that sit back.... so you're probably right about Hull.

And Hendo, if you stay far enough back for when you shoot, the ball that you've skied will come down again in enough time to hit the net. :P
(in all seriousness, a peach - tho with all the time in the world to do it).

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I only watched the highlights last night, but City are looking hot! I guess there might be something to the idea that one or two managers are super-special after all.

Agreed. For sure they will face tougher tests but some lovely stuff on motd. Looking like a big season for City.

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

sterling in particular looked really good. he fought off 4 defenders in the box by himself on two seperate occasions. His potential seems to have been unveiled.

Yep.

I was saying last season that he'd been told to stay rooted to a particular spot and to wait for the ball to arrive with him there.

How he's playing now seems to pretty much confirm I called it right - tho given how he'd been playing at Liverpool before that, it didn't take a genius.

1 hour ago, sdvruxk said:

Atrocious. 

Rooneys a 'number 9, number 10 not a 6 or 8'. How he's still in the team is a joke. It doesn't take a genius to see what the problems in the team are. 

as sam allaedyci said, not up to the manager to decide where rooney plays.

tbf, rashford and de gea aside, the whole team were pretty bad. Pogba was pish

Edited by zahidf

56 minutes ago, thetime said:

How much is that now? 500m? 600m? All spent on players and still a load of shit, there seems to be a bigger issue at utd rather than managers.

Perhaps not buying players just for marketing  purposes might be a start.

its rooney. until they drop him, it will be the same. he is stunting the team growing together and stopping someone else better playing

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

its rooney. until they drop him, it will be the same. he is stunting the team growing together and stopping someone else better playing

Wonderful sarcasm. 

Unfortunately we'll probably never know if he is a problem because he will continue to play of course. 

Changing the system every half for the past 3 games isn't helping though.

Or maybe the players really are that bad...