Football 16-17

kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moyes is a wave of positivity isn't he? First game in.

Asked what his response would be to fans who fear another survival scrap, Moyes said: "Well, they would probably be right because that's where they've been every other year for the last four years, so why would it suddenly change?

"I think it will be, I don't think you can hide the facts, that will be the case, yes. People will be flat because they are hoping that something is going to dramatically change - it can't dramatically change, it can't."

Err David?!

City%20celebrate%20their%20Premier%20Lea

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Although I take your point, if he'd have come out and said "look at Leicester, I don't see why we couldn't do the same this year," he'd have been laughed outta town.

Indeed. But a "aiming for top half of the table" would've done. Accepting a relegation dogfight after 1 game is nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

He's just trying to be clever isn't he. Don't blame him for a second. 

and yet his use of 'they' was very unusual - it's him separating himself from the team he's responsible for.

It's not what managers do, and I don't doubt that it's been noticed by the S'land hierarchy and they won't be impressed.

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

re-read it - he might have meant it how you're understanding it, but that's not what the words actually say.

After all, it's not the fans who are in a relegation battle, is it? :P

Watch the interview, including the question, it's quite clear. 

I'm fine with no qualification for top places, but I feel the bottom team from each league that gets a CL place should have to go through at least one qualifying round. If teams in other leagues improve and can beat the English 4th/Italian 3rd/etc. then they should get that chance.

In other news, Arsenal spending big on a striker and a CB rather than more attacking midfielders? Wow.

I wonder if the story in the mirror is true, that the Arsenal scouts looked at Martinez last month and decided he wasn't good enough. They then found out that Steve Walsh rates him and quickly backtracked and made a bid. 

I also be interested to see how Mustafi does. Saw him once for Everton reserves and I can see why Moyes released him. He just didn't seem strong enough to be a centre back

Edited by lost

Beating Brighton is huge for us. That's a great result against a top Championship team, and we looked fairly dominant for a lot of it. After that shaky start things are definitely looking positive for the season ahead. Lots of transfer business but we now look like we have a balanced squad with some depth to it, a fair whack of Championship experience and some talented youngsters that will hopefully be Prem quality if/when we get back up.

Shame about Krul being shipped out on loan, but for the first time I've seen a game this season Sels has looked imperious, and I guess Krul needs game time, fitness, and to regain his Dutch place playing in Europe/top league. Most of our other departures seem like good business for us though.

Very early days I know but I'm wondering if normal service has resumed after Leicesters heroics last season. Top 3 already looking very strong and the rest fighting over 4th?