Football 16-17

kaosmark2

21 minutes ago, LJS said:

OK, so as an ignorant Scotsman, who doesn't really support an English team, I thought I'd go with a somewhat different set of predictions...

Here goes

1: Arsenal

2: Leicester

3: West Ham

4: Liverpool

5: Man U

6: Everton

18: Southampton

19: Swansea

20: Watford

My guess would be your bottom 3 look more likely than your top 3 but you never know :-)

I'll go: Manchester 1st & 2nd

London 3rd, 4th & 5th

Liverpool for a cup and Leicester bottom half.

I accept I have cheated slightly so apologies :-)

Got BT Internet now so will probably watch more EPL than I have for a while. Looking forward to it although the scottish championship will be my priority. 

Will be delighted if Ayr can finish 3rd bottom. Some great away days to look forward to this season unlike recent years.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

looks like Arwsenal and Liverpool are going to provide us with lots of entertainment this year. That was a great match to watch yesterday.

Only because both defenses are dreadful. Arsenal were very lucky to get away with 4-3. Flattered them. Same old Arsenal. 

Its obviously going to be a frustrating year again for Liverpool fans with a side that can bang in a ton of goals when they click yet shipped em in the other end at the same time. Inconsistency will likely reign yet again. 

Beat the Gunners in London? Dont worry ya'll loose to Hull at Anfield to make up for that..............

16 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Its obviously going to be a frustrating year again for Liverpool fans with a side that can bang in a ton of goals when they click yet shipped em in the other end at the same time. Inconsistency will likely reign yet again.

it defo looked like that yesterday, tho Moreno supposedly isn't going to get too much of a look-in (and if that's the case it's madness putting Flano out on loan), and that's defo a weak point soi it might no0t be as bad as last season. The new centre back looked pretty decent yesterday despite the goals.

Just now, eFestivals said:

it defo looked like that yesterday, tho Moreno supposedly isn't going to get too much of a look-in (and if that's the case it's madness putting Flano out on loan), and that's defo a weak point soi it might no0t be as bad as last season. The new centre back looked pretty decent yesterday despite the goals.

No surprise Moreno gave away the peno and was in no mans land for the 1st goal............

He is a liability  and he does not look like he will improve any time soon

Just now, ThomThomDrum said:

He is a liability  and he does not look like he will improve any time soon

There's something about his play I really like, but he often can't defend for shite - and yesterday was too much of a repeat of the same errors he made last season .... so I can't disagree with you.

I wouldn't even be too surprised if he's out the door in the next two weeks after yesterday.

30 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Solid stuff from Utd yesterday. Think it could be a good season. Showed glimpses of real potential. Pogba and Mkhitaryan to hopefully start on Friday. Great to see Shaw back and playing well. 

It was definitely solid, but whether or not it'll be a good season depends if you're happy to be bored to death.

22 minutes ago, thetime said:

It was the first game of the season and nothing has been learnt, well how god damn awful Moreno is maybe.

Milner has played left back in the pre-season games, and according to Mr Gary would have been a shoe-in yesterday instead of Moreno had he been fit.

So I reckon there's not so much about Klopp having leant little for yesterday, and much more of "why the fuck hadn't you already shipped him out?".

Still, they're in the market for a left back still so perhaps it'll get sorted before the end of the window.

Not sure where this Liverpool excitement has come from (not in this thread but I've seen it elsewhere).

They literally conceded 3 against and only just beat an Arsenal team missing their first 3 CBs and consequently playing a 20 and 21 year old together at CB for the first time ever, one of which was a Championship player a few months ago; missing their only striker; missing their best player and consequently having to play a CM at number 10; and with their new big name CM on the bench.

No excuses for Wenger, though. He evidently needed a CB even before these injuries happened, and he's evidently needed to sign a striker for fucking ages. I see Lacazette bagged a hat trick yesterday.

9 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Not a bad effort 

That commentary was an in joke with us for years when we were playing footie as kids. "Thats not bad either" became "thats a blinder" when someone scored a cracker. 

Some team Villa has back then. Atkinson, Staunton, McGrath, Houghton, Townsend, Saunders etc.

Edited by The Nal

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

It's 2 summers in a row that arsenal haven't bought significantly in the summer. Last season was their big chance and they couldn't get the job done. I don't see how they can this season without any recruitment of note.

Xhaka should fit in nicely, another dirty player for Wenger to manage... :P

58 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Not sure where this Liverpool excitement has come from (not in this thread but I've seen it elsewhere).

They literally conceded 3 against and only just beat an Arsenal team missing their first 3 CBs and consequently playing a 20 and 21 year old together at CB for the first time ever, one of which was a Championship player a few months ago; missing their only striker; missing their best player and consequently having to play a CM at number 10; and with their new big name CM on the bench.

for about 20 minutes yesterday they got their shit properly together, in a similar way to how they managed at times last season and which - if they kept it up for more of the game, and cut out their many defensive flaws - suggests they could be a VERY decent team.

Personally i'm not really expecting the improvements but you never know I guess .... but I talked about the game yesterday being exciting, and not about top skills.