kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I haven't been particularly impressed with Flanagan. In my view one of those players hyped because he is young, English and at a big club. If someone had put in similar performances at Swansea or wba nobody would have noticed.

He hasn't seemed to have a long run in the team for whatever reasons, but has steadily improved over the game time he's had.

There's also been occasions when he's been pretty immense - such as in a game against City when he played at left back (back in Suarez's time, I think).

He might not ever be the best in the world but he's good enough to be a regular for 'a top team' IMO. He just needs regular games, and could displace Clyne given half a chance.

He played a handful of games in the second half of last season and then the club offered him a new contract, so to me it looked as if Klopp liked what he saw and it would have made sense to me to see Klopp give him a good preseason and then begin to use him more regularly going forward. 

If I recall correctly he did have at least one decent performance I managed to see on the box and I thought to myself "great to see him back"

He may not be as attack minded as Moreno, but he certainly has enough talent to take over his duties at left back if he stayed fit and if needs be (and the way Moreno plays at times that need will rear its head). 

I just personally think he offers depth at the full back positions and to have such depth in the squad ain't a bad thing for numerous reasons. Put him out on loan and you can lose that

Edited by ThomThomDrum

32 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Flanagan loan makes sense. He hasn't played for 2 years and won't be getting in ahead of Clyne or Moreno as a result. A season as a regular starter could do him good. 

a loan might be the best bet for him, but it risks the few Liverpool chances he's likely to get passing him by.

He got a few games towards the end of the season just finished, and probably would have got more if anyone had thought he'd have been fit so soon (he wasn't included in the Europa squad, for example).

And while he's unlikely to get straight-rated over Clyne at the mo, if Clyne gets injured and is out for 6 weeks or longer, that's the moment Flanno would need to take - and I reckon he'd stand a good chance of keeping Clyne out then.

24 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Or it could give an indication he isn't good enough,  but I agree it's good for Liverpool to find out. 

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

a loan might be the best bet for him, but it risks the few Liverpool chances he's likely to get passing him by.

He got a few games towards the end of the season just finished, and probably would have got more if anyone had thought he'd have been fit so soon (he wasn't included in the Europa squad, for example).

And while he's unlikely to get straight-rated over Clyne at the mo, if Clyne gets injured and is out for 6 weeks or longer, that's the moment Flanno would need to take - and I reckon he'd stand a good chance of keeping Clyne out then.

Agree on both. A risk either way but you have to assume the other players will stay fit and that means he may play in the pisspot. No Europe either remember. He needs football. 3 season of not playing is a no no. 

Juve have signed Higuain for £75.3m. 3rd most expensive footballer ever. :wacko:

Pogba as good as confirmed for Man Utd now. 

Edited by The Nal

On 7/27/2016 at 9:23 AM, mjsell said:

Who do you think this relates to?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36901810

My money is on Toure, Mangala, Nasri & Bony

Yes good shout, I think you're probably right. No birthday cake for Yaya again this year.

Anyone see Cesc's 'tackle' in a friendly yesterday? Pretty ugly for a pre-season kickabout.

14 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Both feet off the ground, studs showing. It's a red. But yeah, no malice I don't think. Just don't normally get them in a friendly. In fact, he may have tried to pull out last monute, but too late. 

Red card correct but move on - nowt serious

Actually didn't see the initial two feet off the ground. Nasty enough alright.

34e54aw.jpg

2 hours ago, big__phil said:

Yes good shout, I think you're probably right. No birthday cake for Yaya again this year.

Anyone see Cesc's 'tackle' in a friendly yesterday? Pretty ugly for a pre-season kickabout.

So annoying when this happens. We (Doncaster) had a friendly against Newcastle last week which resulted in half our team being stretchered off and now missing the start of the season. That Mitrovic is a nasty boy.

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Shay Given retires from international footie. 134 caps and one of the main reasons we had the glimpses of relative success since he started playing. Presume he'll retire at Stoke at the end of next season. 

What a player. I really wish Arsenal signed him when we had the chance. Shame he went to Man City really, kind of killed his career.

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

What a player. I really wish Arsenal signed him when we had the chance. Shame he went to Man City really, kind of killed his career.

Dunno. He was great until he got injured and was one of the main players at the start of their big growth period. He was 34/35 when he got dropped for Hart. 

But yeah, should've went to Arsenal years ago. One of the best keepers of the modern Premiership era. 

15 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Sane completes his move to Man City. Assuming De Bryne, Silva and Sane all play, is this end for Sterling for Navas? I guess they'll keep Sterling (for the English quota in the Champs League, if nothing else), but can't see him getting much game time.

We'll see. For all the pass ball Pep plays he loves an pacey counter attack aswell. 

36 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Sane completes his move to Man City. Assuming De Bryne, Silva and Sane all play, is this end for Sterling for Navas? I guess they'll keep Sterling (for the English quota in the Champs League, if nothing else), but can't see him getting much game time.

If he has any sense, De Bruyne and Sane will be in front of Sterling in the pecking order and he'll bin Sterling off. I would guess Sterling will feature in those games after a CL match. Particularly if they're home games against teams in the bottom half. 

However, Silva is 30 and doesn't have a great injury record so maybe Guardiola will look to the future and move him on. Probably not until end of this season though (he's contracted until summer 2019).