Recovery time

bigfurbdogg

I'm going on my sister's bloke's stag do up to Newcastle on the Friday after Glastonbury, it was originally booked for 2 weeks after, which would have given me plenty of time to recover.  But now it's been moved and i'm starting to worry how i'll be feeling the Friday after. I was already a bit nervy about going because i don't really know any of his mates and i think they can be a rowdy bunch and the last thing i want is to be on the minibus to Newcastle feeling like crap. 

I plan to hit it pretty hard at Glastonbury, i will be taken some 'enhancments' and i've felt absolutely ruined after the festival in the past, although my last one was 2013 so i can't quite remember if i had recovered by the Friday or not.  

So basically my question is, how long does it usually take until you feel normal again? Are you usually ok by the weekend? I'm considering taking it easy on Sunday (which is easier said than done), to give me an extra days recovery.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys, made me feel a bit better about it!

11 minutes ago, dooke10 said:

Reckon you'll feel fine but usually its preferable for a weekend on the wagon post-Glasto just to give the body a rest.

I take the following two weekends off afterwards.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah you definitely won't feel 100% but if you start drinking again it should make you feel a little less shite, but the following hangover will be a doozy. I usually give myself at least 7 days before I attempt to do anything again

7 minutes ago, alframsey said:

I normall feel pretty okay by Wednesday tbh, aside from aching back and legs. I usually leave any kind of partying for a couple. weeks after though.

I would definitely be taking the weekend off if it wasn't for this, and i think it'll just be a lot of drinking for the stag do rather than full on Glastonbury level partying and i'm hoping that as FloorFiller said, once I get a few pints inside me it'll perk me up and i'll be ok. I've got the whole week off after Glastonbury to help with the recovery, but not looking forward to the Monday back at work after!

I just know i'll feel horrendous Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (after 2013 i started crying whilst watching This Morning because somebody won a car!)  and the stag do will be playing on my mind.

3 minutes ago, dreadwing said:

I'm in the same boat, will be hitting it hard at glastonbury. Stag do the Saturday after.

Paintballing, go karting and a night out.

I'm just going to crack on

Ha, ye, i've got paintballing Saturday as well, i'm worried i'll be suffering Post Traumatic Stress by the end of it!

I normally take far too much time either side.  This year I'm partying hard the Saturday before and back at work on the Wednesday.  I'm intending to take it a bit easier on the Sunday mind, nothing worse than going home absolutely destroyed, depressing as feck.

You'll be fine, just get plenty of water, whole milk, fruit and veg in the body in the interim days.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My brother is getting married the next Saturday.

And I've got a best man's speech to redraft, learn and deliver...

Would not fancy that, i would be bricking it about a speech at the best of times! You planning to take it any easier? I'm guessing not, Even if i plan to take it easy, i know it won't happen.

9 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I normally take far too much time either side.  This year I'm partying hard the Saturday before and back at work on the Wednesday.  I'm intending to take it a bit easier on the Sunday mind, nothing worse than going home absolutely destroyed, depressing as feck.

You'll be fine, just get plenty of water, whole milk, fruit and veg in the body in the interim days.

Ye, I shall i do all of the above and try and get plenty of sleep as well!

I probably don't hit it nearly as hard as most people on here (don't do any naughties but as my name suggests, like the beer).  But am NOT looking forward to having to go back to work on the Tuesday after!  Not only that, but I have a big Director-level meeting to go to in the afternoon.  And I'm not due to get on the coach on Monday until 2 o'clock (if I don't try to get an earlier one, we'll see). 

Can't complain really though as my boss agreed my time off, even though it means she will be the only one in for three days after one of our team left and the other is getting married.  So I'm just grateful to be going!

It takes about a week for me to feel normal again. A few years ago after quite a heavy Glastonbury I made the mistake of returning to my office based job on the Wednesday. I don't know what happened to me but after an hour in the office I just started to sweat like a river and had to spend half an hour sat in a gents cubicle with no top on and my shirt hanging on the inside of the door! After that I now always book the week after Glastonbury off work. 

last year I stayed off work until Friday, and on my return work took me to some client cricket day out thing which was basically just drinking all day. I was a sloppy individual that day, let me tell you.

stag do in the same week as glasto is going to be a real test of your conkers. good speed.