Glastonbury tube map

deadstillstanding

Hey everyone, long time no post. So long my avatar and post count have crashed out! Hope you're all doing good.

I volunteer on the Green Welfare tent (next to the railway and Croissant Neuf) these days. As well as providing anonymous support to anyone that needs it (lost kids, lost souls, anyone that's losing it a bit) we end up giving directions a lot. I've tried making a simple map of the major walking routes and stages based on the style of the classic Tube map. We might make a poster for the tent or something. I've had to make a bunch of compromises to make it work which will be instantly obvious to veterans - some access points aren't shown, naming shortcuts, distances and angles have been normalised - but I hope it still helpfully lays most stuff out.

So I wanted to see what you all reckon? Anything unhelpful I could fix before I print it? Bear in mind I can't add much - it's already pretty packed. Looking forward to your thoughts.

FB_IMG_1465931885174.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work..

Some things I'd personally change..

I don't think it's possible to walk from Strummerville to the Crows Nest without descending the hill, going along the back of the Tipis, and then re-climbing the hill.

I'd stop the Grey line at the Acoustic - for me, the Police compound and PGB more naturally fit north of Williams Green as a continuation of the Main Drag when it turns into Muddy Lane. Or maybe do that and have the Grey line turn left to join up with the Blue line at a new junction "Cockmill Family Camping"

48 minutes ago, Bathimp said:

apart from perhaps the Gate D to Sonic connection. Well done!

Right you are. Will add that.

28 minutes ago, incident said:

I'd stop the Grey line at the Acoustic - for me, the Police compound and PGB more naturally fit north of Williams Green as a continuation of the Main Drag when it turns into Muddy Lane. Or maybe do that and have the Grey line turn left to join up with the Blue line at a new junction "Cockmill Family Camping"

Yeah, good shout. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure I remember walking from the top of Kings Meadow across behind/uphill of the tipis to the top of the Park... but then I don't trust my memory very much so... will check that one tomorrow!

6 hours ago, deadstillstanding said:

Hey everyone, long time no post. So long my avatar and post count have crashed out! Hope you're all doing good.

I volunteer on the Green Welfare tent (next to the railway and Croissant Neuf) these days. As well as providing anonymous support to anyone that needs it (lost kids, lost souls, anyone that's losing it a bit) we end up giving directions a lot. I've tried making a simple map of the major walking routes and stages based on the style of the classic Tube map. We might make a poster for the tent or something. I've had to make a bunch of compromises to make it work which will be instantly obvious to veterans - some access points aren't shown, naming shortcuts, distances and angles have been normalised - but I hope it still helpfully lays most stuff out.

So I wanted to see what you all reckon? Anything unhelpful I could fix before I print it? Bear in mind I can't add much - it's already pretty packed. Looking forward to your thoughts.

FB_IMG_1465931885174.jpg

Genius! Please could you post the updated version once you've made the suggested adjustments? 

Done before or not over the last 31 years I've been going I haven't seen one so, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. My brain is addled easily these days and this map will be a HUGE help to me and my now age related crap eyesight.   

Remember, take some time every day to be extra nice to the stranger standing next to you, spread the love and have a HAPPY FESTI x

42 minutes ago, ya_concha said:

Done before or not over the last 31 years I've been going I haven't seen one so, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. My brain is addled easily these days and this map will be a HUGE help to me and my now age related crap eyesight.   

Remember, take some time every day to be extra nice to the stranger standing next to you, spread the love and have a HAPPY FESTI x

there's even been one created and posted here before, I'vce just discovered when trying to google for the map that's on the wall in PIlton. :lol:

Thread here:-

mIlebxF.png?1