Glastonbury tube map

deadstillstanding

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, russycarps said:

The junction in between medical and the glade needs naming. It's bugging me. Cant really call it hill of death anymore after they flattened the deadly slope a bit a few years back.

Guess Oxlyers or Glade Lounge would be most suitable names

26 minutes ago, siblin said:

Yeah I agree and it looks great as it is.  I could see it taking off though, after all TFL have about 5 different maps!

Trying to figure out if i can get a t-shirt printed and delivered before the festival

I ordered a shirt through Shirtinator the other week and ordered it on Saturday and got it on the Wednesday so you might be ok but they don't guarantee that.

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

The junction in between medical and the glade needs naming. It's bugging me. Cant really call it hill of death anymore after they flattened the deadly slope a bit a few years back.

Dammit. Missed that one. Good point.

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

Guess Oxlyers or Glade Lounge would be most suitable names

Glade Lounge is over the other side. Hill of Death isn't a bad idea but I'm trying to stick with landmarks like stages or important facilities – stuff that a lost punter can figure out and orient themselves by. But Oxlyers is only useful if you already know that's what that field is called... Besides, I haven't named any other camping fields.

Basically I need to just delete that station, which I'd totally forgotten to do. Have deleted it now from the png.

Thanks both!

160615_Glasto tube map_8.gif

Really cool idea and well executed too. Hopefully it will help me find Strummerville as I couldn't find it last year (though only had a quick look while it was dark which prob didn't help my chances).

I know the Beat hotel and John Peel have both moved, is this map fairly accurate to their new locations?

Also I've never noticed before that the police are closest to the acoustic stage, which kind of amuses me, since presumably it's the least likeliest stage to get rowdy. 

Edited by found home in 2009

Ooh I don't know, all revolutions start with a guitar-wielding singer/songwriter (Mr Dylan, Mr Bragg...). Once Ralph McTell gets going on Saturday with his tales of homeless and poor in London it'll all start kicking off big time. Those cops know exactly what they're doing... ;)