Glastonbury tube map

deadstillstanding

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all for the kind words! I'll be very glad if it's genuinely helpful.

Okay... Loads of updates made here inc. those mentioned earlier in this thread. Made the whole market/bandstand bit more detailed but hopefully more useful also. Got Green Kids and the Pharmacy on. Fiddled a few routes to be more realistic. Stuck in a few curves to make it easier on the eye. It is getting nuts busy – defying the point a little – and the whole Glade/Leftield/Other thing is a bit ugly (but accurate)... but I think I'm broadly happy with this... Any final thoughts?

160615_Glasto tube map_4.gif

Edited by deadstillstanding

Predictably I've had a change of heart. More curviness was needed, the Leftfield/Other/Glade bit was going my nut and the junction stations were ugly. This could be the final right here I reckon. Gonna sit on it overnight tho'. Enough updates for one day already!

160615_Glasto tube map_6.gif

Right. Added The Wood. Made the walk up and along the ridge into the Jubilee. I think this is it!

If anyone wants to go crazy making mugs and T-shirts at Cafepress or wherever that's cool – here's the png. Donations to Festival Welfare Services are totally welcome! Or come by, say Hi (I'm the big guy called Pete), and drop some cash in the bucket outside Green Welfare (between Crossiant Neuf and the railway track).

Take care of each other and have a great festival!

160615_Glasto tube map_7.gif

4 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

Right. Added The Wood. Made the walk up and along the ridge into the Jubilee. I think this is it!

If anyone wants to go crazy making mugs and T-shirts at Cafepress or wherever that's cool – here's the png. Donations to Festival Welfare Services are totally welcome! Or come by, say Hi (I'm the big guy called Pete), and drop some cash in the bucket outside Green Welfare (between Crossiant Neuf and the railway track).

Great work!  Maybe it has been done before, but how do the previous efforts compare?

11 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

That is terrific. Good work indeed.

1 minute ago, siblin said:

You could have equivalents to the national rail links at the gates to the coloured car parks and campervan fields.  Strummerville should connect to pennard hill gate and worthy view

The National Rail links for gates suggestion is a nice idea but (barring any major mistakes) I've locked this down now. Have already burnt too much time on it. Besides, I'll sperge out, take it to the n'th and start putting M4, M5 and A303 signs next to the respective gates and...  it never stops!

None of the camping fields make the cut – it's just too much information – and Pennard Hill Gate falls under that logic.

Just now, deadstillstanding said:

The National Rail links for gates suggestion is a nice idea but (barring any major mistakes) I've locked this down now. Have already burnt too much time on it. Besides, I'll sperge out, take it to the n'th and start putting M4, M5 and A303 signs next to the respective gates and...  it never stops!

None of the camping fields make the cut – it's just too much information – and Pennard Hill Gate falls under that logic.

Yeah I agree and it looks great as it is.  I could see it taking off though, after all TFL have about 5 different maps!

Trying to figure out if i can get a t-shirt printed and delivered before the festival

23 hours ago, p.pete said:

Has anyone spotted there's a v2 of the actual map?  Apologies if there's a thread already for it:

2016v2.png

I tried to find the original thread to re-open when my change notifier pointed it out to me, but the search feature wasn't working, and not enough had changed to make a new thread on it.