"It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

BluePaul

best thing I bought was a Shaun the sheep bag that went baaaa when you squeezed his nose, I was made up with that purchase especially when I didn't realize until 10hrs later that he made a noise when trying to stuff him in my backpack :lol:

worse thing not much as I'm the come back later and get it, but forget it crown lol

Edited by shoptildrop

2 hours ago, verrymerry said:

Yeahhhhh!  Mine lives in my festival bag :)

IMG_20150625_165308184.jpg

Yep, they're the ones! I got 5, so I had enough for a whole hand, but they've never been played with :( 

To be fair, they were sold by a stall raising money for a charity (can't recall which), and they were very reasonable, so I don't feel I really wasted my money. It's not like I drunkenly bought a massive Mexican hammock before getting home and remembering there aren't any trees in the garden to attach it to (a friend did this :D )

21 hours ago, DaveyGee said:

Mine was one of those mexican style ponchos, hasn't seen the light of day all year.

Now on this I'm the opposite, I bought one and I use it all the time at home!  I'm going to unpick the sides so it can double up as a blanket, it just needs some poppers :)

I have an ice bong which has been gathering dust for years. It is merely an ornament officer. It is clearly unused.

At least one unworn t-shirt.

I left Blur to go and see The Black Eyed Peas in 2009 (I had a ticket for Blur @ Hyde Park the next week. Seemed reasonable at the time).

One hot one in the early 90's I thought it would be a good idea (bear in mind I am king of the salad dodgers) to have some fresh fruit from one of the fruit stalls to combat the excesses of substance abuse from the previous night.  I chose a mango.... It wasn't ripe yet, but I carried on eating.... It was the most fibrous thing I had ever eaten.  I had mango floss firmly wedged between all my teeth, and looked rabid... Spent the following 2 day licking and sucking my teeth,. Couldn't get the stuff out,. It was hell and people keep telling me I had stuff in my teeth .... No shit!  You try finding dental floss or a toothpick at Glasto 

3 hours ago, DAVA said:

Here you go. ;)

poppers_multibottles.jpg

Seeing this picture and the title of the thread reminds me of something which seemed like a good idea at the time, telling one of my naughty friends "I never say no to anything at Glastonbury"... 

...the first thing he passed me was a bottle of instant headache.

32 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Seeing this picture and the title of the thread reminds me of something which seemed like a good idea at the time, telling one of my naughty friends "I never say no to anything at Glastonbury"... 

With poppers a mate and never satin no to anything I thought that story was going to go somewhere else entirely. 

Spur of the moment decision (fuelled by Old Speckled Hen!) to have a henna tattoo.  Half way through the heavens opened and the tattoo tent (opposite the bandstand) became packed with people sheltering from the rain.  Trying to protect a wet henna tattoo amongst a heaving throng of people only ended one way - what should have been The Who turned out more to look like Boris The Spider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Had to live with a big blue blob on my arm for weeks after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, clarkete said:

I had a go once in the street when I was younger, it was a windy day and my hat blew off. I was chasing it down the street while my head was pounding like fuck. I caught it in the end but I looked a right wally. Lesson learnt for me :P

Edited by DAVA

13 hours ago, clarkete said:

12d59296c8c028207fee5a1310500726.jpg