Flying flag at tent?

Grayman

I fancy having a flag at the tent this year (I won't take it to the gigs because I'm not a dick). Does anyone have any recommendations for flagpoles or makeshift flagpoles? Preferably cheap and one you can dismantle or something to make it easy to carry. Also whether you buy a stake and stick it in the ground or whether you can connect it to the tent or something? Anyone that does this and can give some advice? 

8 minutes ago, Grayman said:

I fancy having a flag at the tent this year (I won't take it to the gigs because I'm not a dick). Does anyone have any recommendations for flagpoles or makeshift flagpoles? Preferably cheap and one you can dismantle or something to make it easy to carry. Also whether you buy a stake and stick it in the ground or whether you can connect it to the tent or something? Anyone that does this and can give some advice? 

Good plan. Makes it easier to find your way home. I can recommend the poles and the stake from this very website. 

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

https://www.skyblueleisure.co.uk/acatalog/Telescopic_Poles.html

That should sort you out :-)

You could add some solar powered fairlights too!

Don't forget the efestivals shop, which helps to keep the site running.

http://camping.efestivals.co.uk/festival-flag-poles-33-c.asp

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I dont have a flag, but I don't mind them at the stages.... im in a minority here.

I thing too many looks ridiculous, but a few adds to the atmosphere and you kbow where you are

I agree, as long as they are on high poles it's fine. It is part of the Glastonbury DNA now and would be weird if people stopped flying them

54 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Dont forget to get a distinctive flag (or better still make your own). You dont want to find you have a PEACE flag amongst a sea of other PEACE flags. 

We're camped next to the Wales flag.

Oh bollocks.

17 minutes ago, Grayman said:

Are these hollow? i.e will it be able to go over a stake?

Yeah, the one I had had an end cap that could be removed. As long as the stake was the right diameter.

I didn't do this I just found a little dip in the ground & used guide ropes.  

16 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

Yeah, the one I had had an end cap that could be removed. As long as the stake was the right diameter.

I didn't do this I just found a little dip in the ground & used guide ropes.  

Ordered a stake which is 10mm diameter. Decathlon do 3m long telescopic fishing poles, 20mm diameter for £4.99.... So going to get one of those tomorrow 

• 9 months later...

Is anyone coming up with new designs for their flags this year, or sticking with a trusted old faithfull you just cant bare to leave at home? Ive had a flag i designed featuring Ricky from the Canadian comedy Trailer Park Boys for the past two years, but it's time for a change. Ive got a Simpsons themed idea in mind which i'll probably go with this time round.