Getting to the front

emily_sk15

Hi so I'm a complete newbie but completely into the bands playing this year. I know some people stand around the back and don't really like the band but if you really like the band and want to get in a mosh pit or to the front, will people let you get in/to there? 

Go up round the side of the stage and come in from there. Easy to get in just be polite and don't push through. Will likely be harder the later in the day it gets and your best shot will be to move in after the act before finishes as people will be moving out to go elsewhere.

On 6/11/2016 at 5:10 PM, emily_sk15 said:

Hi so I'm a complete newbie but completely into the bands playing this year. I know some people stand around the back and don't really like the band but if you really like the band and want to get in a mosh pit or to the front, will people let you get in/to there? 

Usually round the side and slip through but definitely don't just barge past people! Just say excuse me and slide on past. If there's a band in particular you want to be at the front for it's usually recommended to try and begin your journey to the front in the set before hand. 

It's usually pretty easy to get a good spot at Reading.  One of the benefits of a younger crowd is that people are a bit more into it so you tend to get a good atmosphere wherever you stand.   

It's probably a bit more difficult to get to the front for The 1975/Bastille/Catfish-type stuff as they tend to attract the sort of people that get there an hour or two before the set starts but usually it's pretty easy.

Do be polite though.  If someone politely asks me to get past, I will never say no.  If someone just aggressively barges past and then stands in my way then I tend not to be so friendly!

Another good tactic is if you're there for the band before the one you want to see is to wait until circle pits open up. People will let you get through to them, then just run through to the circle pit to the nearest side to the stage. Works pretty damn well, did it in 2013 during Chase and Status and got so close for Eminem, two people from the barrier.