Neighbour has our tickets

Staitey

So we have a problem. We partner accidentally put the incorrect address and so our tickets went to our neighbour, now we can see the signature that someone has signed for it but they are saying they ha e not had anything and if they did they would send it back. We checked the tracking information and it would have said if returned. We are truly stuck and upset, this is our highlight to our year and with Glastonbury just a week away the chances of this being resolved feels unlikely. 

Can an anyone please help?

I wrote a long reply which seems to have disappeared. :(

Anyway, ask your neighbour again armed with name and signature in case anyone else from the household might have signed. Contact your postie ASAP to see if he remembers delivering them. 

Good luck!

39 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I suggest you tell your neighbour (nicely) that you will now have to report this as a theft and they will probably be interviwed by the police as witnesses.

That should do the trick if they have the tix.

I agree with this

1 hour ago, Staitey said:

So we have a problem. We partner accidentally put the incorrect address and so our tickets went to our neighbour, now we can see the signature that someone has signed for it but they are saying they ha e not had anything and if they did they would send it back. We checked the tracking information and it would have said if returned. We are truly stuck and upset, this is our highlight to our year and with Glastonbury just a week away the chances of this being resolved feels unlikely. 

Can an anyone please help?

Try all of your neighbours just in case they were signed for on your neighbours behalf.

I remember reading last year tix were signed for by someone but postie had inadvertently posted to correct house number only a couple of streets away.

Last year our postie signed for them and shoved them through our letterbox, we were away and had a week of panicking until I for back - the signature was just a straight line - I wasn't happy.

Check all possibilities and speak to your postie absolutely

Those who have already said get the proof of signature and confront your neighbour are spot on. The only way they could get out of it is if they used a totally different (and false) signature but why they would do that I cannot think.

Also speak to the postperson who delivered as they do tend to remember.

A confrontation with a neighbour is something you'd probably want to avoid to be honest. I'd be quite pissed off to find someone accusing me of being a thief and throwing around threats on my doorstep. 

Go see your neighbour by all means, but stay polite and ask for their help. Talking to the postie is essential- if they remember delivering the tickets to the neighbours address and the person who signed for them then that's the time to take stronger action. 

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

worst case scenario, ring Seetickets, tell them that they weren't delivered to your house, someone else has them and report them as stolen. they can arrange for the tickets to be cancelled and new ones issued to be collected at the site.

actually i've just seen from other threads that this won't work as there still isn't a barcode scanning system for glastonbury tickets.

i'd go with the asking around, producing evidence, and threatening to go to the police if that fails.

Thanks for the replies, I accidently posted the topic twice so I will use this one from now on.

Quick update:

• Neighbor's wife must of signed for it but they cannot find the letter, they either put it in the bin or sent it back to sender a few days ago.
  • SeeTickets can not and will not do anything to help us get tickets for Glastonbury. They said the festival may be able to help but cannot say for sure.
  • Glastonbury will have nothing to do with the tickets and say to contact SeeTickets.

We feel sick and have no idea what to do next. Even if we got the police involved I cannot see it resolving in a payment back or our tickets. 

Go to the festival, and plead your case at the gate. Say that they have literally just been stolen. Take ID and proof of purchase, ie as much evidence as you can that you did have legitimate tickets.

Although as you have admittedly put the wrong address on the order, you will have to be careful about that bit.

Good luck.

I suggest you can now only go to the festival and throw yourself on the mercy on the ticket office. I strongly advise you to BE HONEST about what has happened. Stories of stolen tix are likely to break down under close examination but the truth will stand up to scrutiny. Not to mention the ethics of the whoke thing.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Staitey said:

Thanks for the replies, I accidently posted the topic twice so I will use this one from now on.

Quick update:

• Neighbor's wife must of signed for it but they cannot find the letter, they either put it in the bin or sent it back to sender a few days ago.
  • SeeTickets can not and will not do anything to help us get tickets for Glastonbury. They said the festival may be able to help but cannot say for sure.
  • Glastonbury will have nothing to do with the tickets and say to contact SeeTickets.

We feel sick and have no idea what to do next. Even if we got the police involved I cannot see it resolving in a payment back or our tickets. 

Fairly sure I'd remember if I had sent a letter back!

8 hours ago, Staitey said:

Quick update:

What do your neighbours seem like- have you met/talked before? Their tale seems very implausible, mainly because if I signed for something with my neighbours name on it, I'd just take it round to them or wait for them to come to me- why on earth would they bin it or send it back?! Also, if I binned it or sent it back, I would have remembered if I had binned it or sent it back- how can they claim that they can't remember which?!

Sounds a horrible thing to have happened, especially so close to the festival- I'd probably focus my efforts on pleading with the festival, being fully honest as to what happened- they might not help out, but they are more human than Seetickets, and have more powers for ticket re-issuing.

desperate times call for desperate measures, smash the front door down and go bat shit crazy at the neighbours until you get what you want (your tickets) failing that, surely the fact they haven't been delivered to or signed for by the orderer of said tickets then like people of said, it goes down as a non delivered parcel. Therefore either becomes theft from the neighbour or a failed delivery from the postal service. Surely the point of putting photographs on tickets is to help legitimate people and stop stolen tickets being circulated. I read these threads and can never understand the stance of both ticket distributor and Glastonbury. It's easy bring your ID and order number on the day and your ticket will be cancelled and reissued once all ID has been thoroughly checked. 

Seetickets chosen delivery partner aka Royal Mail, have failed in their job to deliver the tickets to you. That should be enough for them to replace the tickets. Unless of course you have completed one of those forms that allows all mail to be deliver to a neighbour. But the postman should not be delivering specials to a neighbour without your permission. 

Ugh I have seen (not Glastonbury tickets) concert tickets actually marked with a sticker that says 'do not leave with a neighbour!' 

How awful of someone to destroy a special delivery letter, it's obviously important not a random Xmas card! If they had returned to sender, see tickets would have it?

Unfortunately in this case RM have done their job - delivered to the address they were given. 

The neighbours story does seem incredible. I'd remember what happened to an ordinary letter, let alone a signed for one. At this point I'd take it up with them again and ask to speak with the wife. Hopefully they'll be a bit more forthcoming. 

Is there something more to this story than we know? It seems strange that the address you gave was wrong.. wrong number I could understand due to typo but wrong address? then to pay the deposit and not pick up the address was wrong, and again pay the balance and not pick up the address is wrong? Seems a little strange to me

I would call Seetickets and tell them that you never received the tickets and the signature on them isn't yours.

I would then ask the delivery address to be changed to one of your workplaces as you're worried the same problem will happen again.

They don't need to know that the address they have is wrong...

Thanks everyone.

The neighbors wife does not speak English so I am unable to speak to her. At first she was oblivious she had signed for something but when the guy looked at the signature it was obvious that she had signed it. The guy does generally believe he either thrown it away or sent it back. If he did send it back it should of arrived back to SeeTickets already but I will keep my fingers crossed for Monday. 

We have saved the registration information. It seems silly that we have a picture on our account which proves we have paid for our ticket. It is the one festival I thought this could not happen to because of how tickets are purchased.

we could go to the festival and try our luck but I have to say this worries me deeply. My partner who made the mistake is in tears at this point.