Drownload

5co77ie

4 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Sounds like people have been queueing from anywhere between 2 and 5 hours to get into the car park and like you say many complaints and people asking for a refund especially between 2 and 4pm. Not good. 

Wow....cash cow festival now. A mate was there yesterday and said it was horrendous in the arena. I won't give that man another pound whether he got GNR exclusive or not.

29 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I wrote in the other thread but yes, the conditions were dreadful and even worse Download did absolutely fuck all about it, year after year they have this weather but they never improve things, well im sick of giving them my money and getting treated like a dickhead. 

what bastards, eh?

I'd have thought a big corporate like live nation would have already bribed god to ensure decent weather. :P

Just now, eFestivals said:

what bastards, eh?

I'd have thought a big corporate like live nation would have already bribed god to ensure decent weather. :P

Read my post in the other thread, its not about it raining its about what they do to try and maintain the site when it happens and they do nothing, despite years ago in 2012 them saying they were caught off guard and they will learn from this, all they learnt is people keep coming if they spend the money to improve things or not. There's been a long ongoing discussion in these forums how Download year on year give you less yet up the prices and people are getting fed up of it, at least on here, thing is they will have a new generation of people willing to go, speaks volumes how Andy says that the bulk of their sales is always people going for the first time. 

3 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I wrote in the other thread but yes, the conditions were dreadful and even worse Download did absolutely fuck all about it, year after year they have this weather but they never improve things, well im sick of giving them my money and getting treated like a dickhead. 

I'm not going to lie man, been thinking this since the 1st time I went. It's always been poorly done as far as I was concerned, the Village area is dreadful and had it not been for The Prodigy replacing a pull out band that Copping made bull about as well then I'd have only gone Sunday.

It's not worth your money now mate especially as he doesn't care once the punter is in or feel privileged to have you. It's almost like the feeling they can do what they want and treat you how they like as long as Soni stays away because its nearly all you have.

I know it's just opinion but he pulled together a bad lineup for being the only festival completely like it here.

In their defence, on sat and sun they DID put a shit load of straw down in the arena. We sat and watched them doing it. The baby metal monsoon and the following footfall plus continued rain gave it no chance. It was ok where we were in the camper van field apart from getting out. That was touch and go but I escaped without getting pulled off. :)

21 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Read my post in the other thread, its not about it raining its about what they do to try and maintain the site when it happens and they do nothing

Unless it stops raining and no more rain is forecast, there's few festivals that will make more than the smallest efforts for the very worst parts, Glasto included.

I've lost my rag in the past at the lack of efforts festies have made with the rain, but today I've got a better understanding of how ineffective efforts are unless the rain has stopped.

It's probably not helped at somewhere like Download where there's probably restrictions on the festival by the site owner on what measures they might be permitted to take. No one is likely to mind straw (tho it's a waste of time unless the rain has stopped), while more effective wood chips are less liked because it doesn't just disappear as straw does.

Wood chips are expensive and heavy tho, and are likely to be need to be sourced in advance - when you don't actually know if you'll need them. And you'd need a fleet of lorries of wood chips to make even a small difference to a badly effected large festival site.

10 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

To do that across all the campsites would cost hundreds of thousands at least and would only be helpful to vehicles really. 

and, of course, it's only really a benefit if it rains.

Anything can be dealt with, but a decision has to be made over whether it's a good spend of money and whether the punters will be happy to pick up the extra costs in their ticket price.

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 7:52 AM, eFestivals said:

Unless it stops raining and no more rain is forecast, there's few festivals that will make more than the smallest efforts for the very worst parts, Glasto included.

I've lost my rag in the past at the lack of efforts festies have made with the rain, but today I've got a better understanding of how ineffective efforts are unless the rain has stopped.

It's probably not helped at somewhere like Download where there's probably restrictions on the festival by the site owner on what measures they might be permitted to take. No one is likely to mind straw (tho it's a waste of time unless the rain has stopped), while more effective wood chips are less liked because it doesn't just disappear as straw does.

Wood chips are expensive and heavy tho, and are likely to be need to be sourced in advance - when you don't actually know if you'll need them. And you'd need a fleet of lorries of wood chips to make even a small difference to a badly effected large festival site.

Download are just tight, money grabbing so and so's. Chances are it's going to rain over that weekend, I think there's only been a few out of 15 or so years where it hasn't rained. I don't think they actually care as long as people are in the arena spending money.

There's lots of ways they could invest -

Straw/ Wood chippings.

Cardboard or Chipwood flooring.

Metal Sheets on heavy footfall areas ie entrance ways to the arena/ Car Park(s)/ Camp Site(s) (even Sonisphere managed that one)

Plastic walkways around the arena.

Plastic ground sheet for the pit areas.

More Canopy/ Sheltered areas around bars.

Canopies for the outdoor stages.

I remember around 4 or 5 years ago, they were talking about addressing these issues permanently by putting down concrete paths and tracks. What happened to that idea?