Best headliner IYHO

cowmadiddy

I'm sure done 1 billion times, but from what I can gather not this year.

Stevie Wonder for me was something so special, seeing a legend like him on the 50th anniversary and even hearing Mr Eavis singing, even though I was so far away from the pyramid stage I may as well been in Iceland was such a special Glastonbury moment - but I am weak, I've only got 2 Glastos under my belt.

I don't think you can win this, but for you, and in your honest opinion (dishonest opinions will be frowned upon) which was the ultimate hairs on back of your neck glasto - probably pyramid stage headliner? 

Edited by cowmadiddy
Today the reason for my edit was to change "luke" to "like" . I also added the bit about dishonest opinions as I thought it added to the original post. I edited again due to not adding "of the neck" to hairs on your back", as I assumed all have hairy back

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pyramid wise, probably Neil Young 2009, though I also liked Stevie Wonder, and he capped off a great festival with lovely weather in 2010. Also liked Radiohead and REM.

To be honest I've loved most of the headliners I've seen on JazzWorld so it's hard to narrow them down

Best headliner: Portishead 2013 (by a country mile)

Best Pyramid headliner: R.E.M '99

I still regularly listen to audio of both gigs, 2 of the best nights of my life.

Special mention goes to Coldplay in 2011 for providing such a good time that what had started as a damp squib of a festival ended up with really happy memories.

Only been a handful of times but best one I seen was Neil Young very closely followed by the stones. Totally engrossed with the flaming lips a few years ago as well but I was under the influence so maybe that had something to do with it.......

Edited by pinkmolly226

Arctic Monkeys, a) because they are awesome and b, I came up just at the right time!

If we are talking all stages, then it has to be Primal Scream on the other stage doing Screamadelica, much for the same reasons and the fact it threw it down and nobody cared :blink: