Last Shadow Puppets - Cringe Fest?

McCor

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen them a couple of weeks ago. Great live but very cringy from the cock rock guitar stances to the pantomime interactions between Alex and Miles and even the clothes they wear. Miles had a silk leopard print shirt and what I can only assume were size 0 leggings that looked like they were about to burst open at any moment. My missus even called Alex a 'sleazy Elvis'

Having said that I quite like the new album and they did sound great live. I will probably be watching them in 2 weeks!

They are a must see for me, but Alex Turner is getting more embarrassing by the year with his Elvis impression thing he has going on. I think Miles Kane is far less cringey than Alex from when I have watched them live.

Just can't bear AT's public persona anymore.

Such a shame, as he had the potential to be a genuine great. Sadly for me, the music has mirrored his (public, at least) personal transition. Lumpen, tuneless Josh Homme wannabe dirge replaces cutting, insightful kitchen-sink northern genius. I have zero interest in AMs anymore, and TLSP are just a poor cousin even to that.

Sorry to be a bit down on them, people!

I've had a great day, as it happens!

:)

Ben 

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just can't bear AT's public persona anymore.

Such a shame, as he had the potential to be a genuine great. Sadly for me, the music has mirrored his (public, at least) personal transition. Lumpen, tuneless Josh Homme wannabe dirge replaces cutting, insightful kitchen-sink northern genius. I have zero interest in AMs anymore, and TLSP are just a poor cousin even to that.

Sorry to be a bit down on them, people!

I've had a great day, as it happens!

:)

Ben 

What Ben said!

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

on a slightly more positive note, they played 505 for the first time as TLSP the other night. i doubt this would be repeated at Glastonbury and tbh they don't need to at all, but it'd be pretty sweet

Scenes if they do 

The best song to date by AM in my humble opinion, I really like AM, I consider Humbug one of my favourite albums ever 

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

on a slightly more positive note, they played 505 for the first time as TLSP the other night. i doubt this would be repeated at Glastonbury and tbh they don't need to at all, but it'd be pretty sweet

Ooh, that would be nice. I guess Miles has been wheeled out more than enough times over the years to play it so it kinda makes sense!

5 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I consider Humbug one of my favourite albums ever 

Same here, brilliant album!

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm not a huge AM fan but 505 at Reading in 2009 looked like it was really something.

Ehh, Turner's writing is still good. I agree that they seem like a pair of tossers but I thought that Everything You've Come to Expect was really good so I'll be eager to see them. Might miss the start on the way over from the Vilester but hopefully that's where they play Bad Habits. 505 is crap though so I hope that doesn't enter the setlist.

Side note: it's regularly confusing reading people to refer to Arctic Monkeys as AM with the album being called that. The agreed shortened term is "Arctics" yo.